Support

Open search

smartswitch

Highlighted
First Poster

I have downloaded Smartswitch and want to have a backup of my phone stored onto my Synology NAS.

To that effect I changed the storage options on the Smartswitch UI to direct the backup to the folder on my NAS where I wish this backup to be stored.

I have attempted backups on numerous times only for the backup to keep copying the data to the Smartswitch default folder on my "C" boot drive. This would not normally be a problem as I could copy the data over manually, however, I do NOT have sufficient storage space remaining on the C drive to accommodate the amount of storage space required for the backup.

I should add I have removed Smartswitch and reloaded a few times to try and redirect the backup to my NAS with no effect.

Maybe Smartswitch does not allow you to store data on a remote drive such as a NAS, anyone have a suggestion what I do ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Poster

It appears I have not explained my problem correctly or there is no quick solution to my dilemma.

Perhaps a more simple approach is required that will hopefully generate a reply, as follows :

Does the  Smartswitch program on a windows 10 PC  allow backups from a Samsung Note 3 to a folder on a NAS drive ?

I should further add my purpose for doing so is

1. To keep a copy of the Note 3 data for security reasons, and,

2. To allow me to install this data onto a Note 8

Highlighted

This would appear to be to much of a technical question for this forum, bump !

Highlighted
It may not answer your question directly but have you looked at products from Jihosoft? Can you not put your question to Samsung?
Highlighted

Hi @Broadsword. :robothappy:

Blast from the past, but I asked our software peeps about this one for you a while ago (we had temporary technical difficulties getting in touch with them for a bit, which has since been sorted).

They've advised  uninstalling Smart Switch, then reinstalling it on a different drive in the computer, e.g. (D:/(E:/(F:/ drive or the NAS drive.  They also gave me this link to better show what they meant.

Any joy for you?

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors