Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety

(Topic created on: 25-08-2021 10:11 AM)
RamUK
First Poster
Options
Once again, reading that a Samsung phone caused fire on an Aeroplane.
Why it's happening? What's the reason?
Makes me to worry .
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
GreyAce
Explorer
Options
That's a one in a billion chance stop worrying about nothing ok..
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In this case it may well be an isolated incident though reports that Samsung are conducting an investigation, passenger said it was an A21 though this could not be confirmed. Thankfully only a few minor injuries.  (does not mean it is like the Note7 ) There been rare instances before involving different  companies.

Some information here :  https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/24/22640314/phone-catches-fire-alaska-airlines-plane-seattle 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @RamUK 

I totally understand and appreciate that an event like this can cause worry especially if the phone make and model is the same as being used personally.

Samsung would be all over this incident and act accordingly if they identified a possible safety issue. 

It is quite possible there are a few contributory factors that could have caused this incident which would all need investigating.

I'm sure if you looked at the number of these phone's stats in relation to how many have been sold globally and still in use vs issues encountered the % would speak for themselves.

Samsung also introduced the 8-Point Battery Safety Check. 

So I would advise anyone to properly look after their phone's and use them within the recommended parameters with the recommended charging accessories.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes