Original topic:

S8 rear camera bug

(Topic created on: 18/06/17 17:29)
Laky16vt
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hello everybody

I have my S8 5 days now, the phone is really everything i expected. I am Samsung owner few years now, had Grand duos, S4, S7 and now S8 but this is the first time i am dissapointed...

yesterday evening i was with my wife and daughters on festival and watching fireworks...naturaly i was taking pictures and filming videos...during this i noticed there is somenthing like a scratch on screen, this is also on pictures taken and video filmed...camera lens is clean and it only shows during dark, during day i dont see this

i have pictures for you to see the problem i'm talking about, today i went to servise and they told me i have to leave thme phone so they try to replicate problem and request Samsung to aprove new device. Has anybody experienced this on S8?

Software has been updated 3 days ago

20170617_235524_zps4fo6mqxy.JPG20170617_235539_zpsdus7tcl1.JPG20170618_000700_zpsnfpy8kvi.JPG

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi,

No my s8 is fine.

I always make a point of opening the retail box in the store to fire the phone up to check that.....

No marks on the front display or anywhere else.
No pink etc on the display.
Takes pictures Ok.
Make a call to ensure the call quality is good.

That way there is no chance of the company suggesting I had caused the issue and can get it swapped out immediately.

Appreciate this is mostly relevant if picking up in Store and not having it delivered.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Laky16vt
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I have done factory reset, since then rear camera behaves ok

Will see if it hapens again because in Service shop they want to disasemble the phone and try to replace rear camera but i'm not very interested in doing this to phone 7 days old

0 Likes