Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S8+ battery life

(Topic created on: 27-10-2017 09:44 PM)
AnthonyCY
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi guys, I've recently purchased my new Samsung S8 Plus and I love it! However, I feel my Battery life is draining faster than normal? This may be my OCD kicking in or something that might need looking into? Help please! 😁

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @AnthonyCY

Out of the box the phone will need charging and discharging a few times for the battery to reach optimum output. 

Check in your phones settings where Battery is as that may show what’s your using your phones battery. 

It was the same with my s8. 

I’m in the camp of leaving most of my features On. 

I watch a lot of YouTube and use my internet heavily. 

I send lots of texts but don’t really make that many calls. 

My Bluetooth is generally Off. 

My screen resolution is not set to full output. 

My phone is set to the recommendation optimisation setting. 

Set to 2 minutes of inactivity for the screen to turn off. 

From turning my phone On at 5:20am I easily get a full days usage and by around 7pm I have around 40% left and have gone 2 days without charging. 

After that battery usage and screen on-time is a subjective topic as we all have different phone preference set ups , different apps and app permissions and features of the phone turned On or Off and settings are different. We all use different screen brightness levels  / auto brightness and some use Dark Themes to save on Battery. 

emails set to push instead of fetch. 

Location based apps and services. 

Weather apps.

Facebook is a big drain - I access my Facebook via my browsers url box. 

Leaving Bluetooth on to pair to devices is a drain. 

Using tethering. 

The above is just a snapshot of what can drain battery. 

If you feel after going through all the above and more then a Samsung Service Location can run a diagnostic and or if your in any Cooling Off Period get it swapped. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

0 Likes
AnthonyCY
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks for all that info! It really helped a lot...! However when it phone is fully charged at 100% I will close all my apps and leave the phone alone for a few hours and notice that it decreases 2 or 3 %.. ending up on 97 after not even using the phone at all? I've already had the handset replaced as one of the buttons wasn't working properly! I'm cursed! I have attached a picture of my Battery life which might shed some light? I'm not really a tech geek with these sort of things. Thanks for the support! Screenshot_20171029-194357.png

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

@AnthonyCY wrote:

Thanks for all that info! It really helped a lot...! However when it phone is fully charged at 100% I will close all my apps and leave the phone alone for a few hours and notice that it decreases 2 or 3 %.. ending up on 97 after not even using the phone at all? I've already had the handset replaced as one of the buttons wasn't working properly! I'm cursed! I have attached a picture of my Battery life which might shed some light? I'm not really a tech geek with these sort of things. Thanks for the support! Screenshot_20171029-194357.png

Screen at the top of the % list. 

Do you have Always On Display turned On which will use approx 1% of Battery per hour. 

At what timeout interval is your screen at ?

Mines at 2 minutes. 

WhatsApp will also use lots of battery power. 

0 Likes
AnthonyCY
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I don't have Always On Display as I thought it would drain battery so I decided to the  that feature off. I do check my home screen a lot to see if I have any notifications... so I'm probably constantly waking up the screen and maybe this is why? I close my apps especially WhatsApp! That's a real drainer. But looking at the statistics above would you say this is a relatively great battery life and nothing I should worry about? 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

My rule of thumb is if a person gets a days usage then it's fine. 

As a point of reference here's mine. 

Screenshot_20171029-203905.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

And I use Always On Display.

Also if your Network signal is weak then the phone will be working hard to latch onto signal. 

0 Likes