Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S7 edge- no security and software updates

(Topic created on: 07-01-2018 11:13 PM)
czakilbn
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi. I have this phone for a year. I noticed that my last security updates are from October 2017. Nothing after that. What I can do to get them? I know that there was big patch in December, but my phone don't receive that. Where is a problem?

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @czakilbn

I'm in the UK and my s8 recently received an update giving me amongst other things the January 18 Security Patch. 

These patches are sent out in batches.

Samsung send out these updates to their Un-Branded Phones when they are ready to push out. 

Alternatively Mobile Networks want to test out firmware updates before allowing Samsung to push out their Branded phones which can sometimes cause delays.

Neither the Mobile Networks or Samsung will comment on timeframes for updates probably incase the push out dates slip for any reason.

Its a case of periodically checking in the phones Software Update Section and or the phone will prompt you when an update is ready. 

Totally understand and appreciate how frustrating waiting can be. 

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
czakilbn
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thx for reply, but my phone was bought in Carphonewarehouse that mean is independent from network. I noticed that in settings is not showing my mobile no. 

Network EE.

0 Likes