Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 edge completely dead after Samsung update

(Topic created on: 12-12-2020 10:19 AM)
Adi1977
Apprentice
Options

Hello all

Has anyone else experienced an issue with a S7 Edge after the recent update ( November 2020 ) , it worked perfectly fine up until the update , I have sent it off to Samsung repair , and they advised me that because the phone has a small crack ( and I mean small ) they will not rectify there update , i am disgusted with the service i received and the fact that everyone I spoke to , told me something different , no one seemed to know the actual facts .

so im asking if anyone else has had this issue with the phone or is it just me .

Thanks

P.S i know its an old phone and is out of warranty , but the phone worked fine until the update 

Any help would be great , thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hello - this issue has happened to some Samsung Galaxy S7 Owners.

This has happened to my mum's old phone and it cannot be recovered. You may want to try and see what Samsung says. If they want a lot of money then it's recommended getting a new phone as it isn't your fault.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can't you flash the device with the last working firmware? Will it go into download mode? This attitude of Samsung is quite disgraceful.
0 Likes
Adi1977
Apprentice
Options

Hello , thank for the reply,s , I cannot do anything with the phone,  it is completely unresponsive,  doesnt even charge , so I'm unable to complete any kind of reset or update , I can believe samsung refuse to take any responsibility for there update completely rendering the phone completely useless

0 Likes
TonyPayne52
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my phone.

0 Likes
Adi1977
Apprentice
Options

Well I hope you do better than me Tony , samsung have wiped there hands with my phone , and its down to me to replace it at my cost , for an update supplied by them that damaged it 

0 Likes
Greg1023
First Poster
Options

This also happened to my Samsung galaxy S7 in 2019 which I had kept in pristine condition. It was rendered totally useless after that DEADLY Samsung update. I vowed NEVER to buy a Samsung phone again. 

0 Likes
compliant
First Poster
Options
Samsung have decided to no longer update the S7 Edge, Your opinion doesn't matter, the cost even less, No matter that their is an energy crisis and every pound matters they are cooperatively pushing you towards a new phone, Your apps stop working, can't get into your online bank etc this was a ***** you update, scrap your phone no matter the condition.
0 Likes