Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Palm swipe to capture not working

(Topic created on: 09-04-2017 02:30 PM)
Award1975
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Since I bought my S7 Edge I have not been able to get the swipe option to work. I have the option enabled in settings but have tried so many times but can't get it to work.

Anyone else come across this? & how to fix it? Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Bades1978
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi not encountered this myself but I understand that it work by having a certain amount of the screen being touched and then moved from one side to the other, perhapses try using more hand contacts (flatter palm / a few fingers in contact as well) not sure if that will help but worth a try as I tried it myself and I have small hands and needed more contact with the area. Let me know how you get on :smiling-face:

Award1975
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks for your reply,  still no luck

Looking online few other people report this issue . Looking on YOUTUBE it looks straight forward !! 

Trip to my local Samsung store maybe in order 

0 Likes
Bades1978
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Other Smartphones

Yep got to be the best thing to do some times it's much easier to see someone :smiling-face:

0 Likes
SwayIelle
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Same here. It doesn't work for my S7 Edge Gold.

0 Likes
Varun
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Try without tempered glass screen protector.

0 Likes
yuta-yap
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

my samsung galaxy note 5 N920T not working palm swipe to capture.. smart stay... NFC tap card and android beam too.

please help my samsung galaxy note 5 N920T

thank's

0 Likes
Libby1
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
You are a genius! I hold the side of my hand on left of screen, angle back of my hand slightly towards screen and it has fixed this problem on my s9 - perfect screen shot every time THANKS
Peter36
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This "feature" is extremely unreliable, for this alone I hate Android phones. Please come up with an easier and more reliable way to take screenshots. The old holding the two buttons on the side was ***** too, and useless now because it superimposes the new volume bar on to whatever you're trying to capture.

0 Likes