Support

Open search

Oreo beta program galaxy s8 how do I sign up where and when

Highlighted
SOLVED
Pathfinder

I have seen a lot of post on various sites stating that the oreo beta update program starts on the 31st of October, what I want to know is how do I sign up for the program, and where, as these various sites have said you need to go onto the galaxy app store and download the beta up, I've tried this and can not find it anywhere, if anyone has any idea please help.

Thank you in advance 

PF
236 REPLIES 236
Highlighted
Navigator

I think they will bypass us here in the UK, I was just lucky to get nougat beta on my partners s7 when it came out.

Highlighted
Explorer
Or 2nd 11am (3pm our time) but to my knowledge amaricans got it around 11am our time
Highlighted
Explorer
I spoke to support yesterday through the members app and he said we would be getting it. I wish I kept the transcript now.
Highlighted
Pathfinder

I hope so no point in having a great bit of hardware if you don't have the software to back it up. I am on three so with any luck  I may get it as there phones are all unlocked. 

PF
Highlighted
Pathfinder

OK, when I spoke to them thay had no idea,  I must have contacted there cleaner by mistake 😂😂 sounds like you got a straight answer, nice one did he give any time frame of when it will appear

PF
Highlighted
Navigator

I'd like to try it out as I do like nougat update but I have read bits on Oreo update and it seems superb.

Highlighted
Explorer
Totally agree with this statement.
That fact it's been out months and January or February is meant to be the official release kinda annoys me.
I've just come to Samsung from years and years with Sony Xperia and they took forever.
Highlighted
Explorer
No non just that UK would be getting it in the coming weeks.
The leak suggested US and UK would get it at the same time on Reddit
Highlighted
Pathfinder

I had an, S6 and I did not get the nougat update until May 2017 just hope this is not the case this time around,  

PF
Highlighted
Explorer
S6 is quite a old phone and s7 would have had rollout of 7.0 before S6 like most manufacturers they prioritise lastest handsets.
Top Liked Authors