Support

Open search

Oreo beta program galaxy s8 how do I sign up where and when

Highlighted
SOLVED
Pathfinder

I have seen a lot of post on various sites stating that the oreo beta update program starts on the 31st of October, what I want to know is how do I sign up for the program, and where, as these various sites have said you need to go onto the galaxy app store and download the beta up, I've tried this and can not find it anywhere, if anyone has any idea please help.

Thank you in advance 

236 REPLIES 236
Highlighted

@Boham wrote:

@FERNEEX wrote:

Got no notification nothing, Uninstalled app reinstalled cleard cache and data still  no joy  called support they suggested soft reset so going to try this now see what happens, then if nothing give up,any type of notice would be good telling Me yes or. No if I am elidgabel 

Got it working!!

Downgraded to AQH3 and came up straight away

You downgraded the firmware by flashing it? And then you get the option?

@DonSimon wrote:

@Boham wrote:

@FERNEEX wrote:

Got no notification nothing, Uninstalled app reinstalled cleard cache and data still  no joy  called support they suggested soft reset so going to try this now see what happens, then if nothing give up,any type of notice would be good telling Me yes or. No if I am elidgabel 

Got it working!!

Downgraded to AQH3 and came up straight away

You downgraded the firmware by flashing it? And then you get the option?

I was able to register but i wasn't getting the firmware update at all, waited for hours

Reflashed to AQH3 and checked for updates and that worked right away

Highlighted
Glad you found a way to make it work for u. 😊
Highlighted

Can anyone tell me if my phone is unlocked in software the version. Is xeu/xeu/itv . I bought it from Amazon Italy and says it's unlocked to Europe. It's working with my Irish SIM. I got the notice for beta programme on the Samsung app but when I press the accept button it says my sim card doesn't match the software version, I presume it pings your phone to see if you have a UK sim in to let you use the software. Tried a VPN with UK ip address but no luck. If anyone knows a work around except for putting in a UK sim which I don't have!

Highlighted

Iam on three and there phones come unlocked, and I've been trying all day and no, update notification, so your not alone, 

Highlighted

Ive been wandering why I got no notification, you may have answered my question, was getting frustrated, thank you👍

Highlighted
Did you go through the registration process ok?Or did you get a message saying your SIM doesn't match the software?
Highlighted

All I got was a blank box, and a message no notice, 

Highlighted

As this page is moving fast i thought I would put this up to save you guys from trying to find it in an earlier post . If your on one of the unlocked uk firmwares (BTU Or XEU) this is where you go to on samsung members to register. 20171102_220500.jpg

Screenshot_20171102-220354.jpg

20171102_220552.jpg

Then go to setting- update- manual update. It might take a little while to start. Hope this helps and there is some spaces left 

Highlighted

Screenshot_20171102-222053.jpg

I have the notice to register for beta. When I click to accept the terms and conditions I get the above error message. So it doesn't matter the I have xeu/xeu/itv rather than xeu for all 3? 

Top Liked Authors