Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

(Topic created on: 18-08-2021 06:25 PM)
Sam Sings
First Poster
Options

Ok, I know how to turn notifications for apps on and off. However I've uninstalled some apps but the apps still appear in the Notifications section of Privacy & Security. I turned the notifications off for these uninstalled apps but why are these apps still appearing at all on my phone? How do I get rid of these traces of uninstalled apps still appearing in the Notifications section? There is no delete button just 'on' and 'off'. Swiping on the notification has no effect. Surely there's a way of deleting these things?

Galaxy Note 8

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Sam Sings
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20210818-032325_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Sam Sings
First Poster
Options

The screenshot attached shows the problem.

All of these apps have been uninstalled, yet these traces remain. There are lots more like this. What it amounts to is a history of the apps I've installed in the past but have uninstalled. I'd like not to have this 'record' on my phone but there is no option to delete the 'items'.

Google were no help and said contact Samsung!

Thsnks.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @Sam Sings 

If you head into Settings > Apps, are you able to search for the app? If so, please head into Storage > Clear cache and Clear data. 

0 Likes
Sam Sings
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply.

No the apps are not on the phone/searchable anywhere on the phone. I must reiterate all the apps have been uminstalled.

Yet traces of all these uninstalled apps still appear in the Notifications section,  as already said and as shown in the screenshot already supplied.

Thanks.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

That is quite strange. The next best step I can recommend is to perform a Factory Data Reset. This will delete all data stored on your phone and reset it to factory standards, so please back it up before carrying out this step. 

For more info on backing up your data, please click on the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/backing-up-and-restoring-data-on-my-galaxy/

Once you've done this, please remove any accounts, such as the Google Account and Samsung. With Google, you can remove this by heading into Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts > Google account > Remove account > Remove account.

With the Samsung Account, head back into Settings > Accounts > Samsung account > select your email address > tap 3 dots > Remove account.

Finally, to perform the Factory Reset go into Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset > Reset > Delete all.

After this, please set up your phone as normal.
0 Likes
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

Were those apps downloaded from an app store or are they websites that you added to your home screen from a web browser? If its the latter, have you tried clearing the site data from your web browser or the app cache of your browser?

Also, do they persist after a reboot?

0 Likes