27-01-2018 05:52 PM - last edited 27-01-2018 06:56 PM
Note 8 is about 2 months and i am having twice this moving rectangle box on screen with alerting sound problem, which disables screen, do not allow any function, that also locks screen design to access phone, or to turn on or off. By coincidence i reached emergency call and turned on and off made phone to normal. after 2nd alert, i realized that somehow my "universal switch" option was on, as caution i turned off "universal switch" also : if it repeats 3rd time after all I have done i will return phone. Mean time I searched this site & i reached 4 systematic solutions. You may give a try, and give your feedbacks pls!
Update: "Screen freezing with blue box scanning" problem has been reported on also Samsung 6, 7 and 8 all these problems are referring "UNIVERSAL SWITCH being ON" now on NOTE 8!
And Universal switch has very important function as stated here http://www.samsung.com/uk/accessibility/mobile-universal-switch/ Such an important option why should be turned off, my suggestion, the process with heavy involvement may be overloading this program. so after doing so much camera, screen functions etc joining external instruments, using extensive Bluetooth, USB etc, better turn on and off "Universal switch" once while may be the solution for future!! Or UNIVERSAL SWITCH should be off when screen off, and be On demand!
AAA-same problem with samsung 8: solved like this:by member ChetanGalaxyS8
1. Wake up the screen by pressing the power button
2. Press and hold the Power button so that it shows the 3 options
a. Power off
c. Emergency Mode
3. When the moving blue box comes on the Emergency Mode tap on that blue box
4. It asks to enable the emergency mode. To enable you will have to press power button and volume up key both simultaneously.
5. You will see the Emergency Mode enalbing screen. Once it completes 100%, you will be able to operate it normally and you disable the embergency mode now by selecting the 3 dots on the right corner.
6. By doing this your phone will recover to the original state as it was earlier and you can use it.
BBB-disable the Unisversal Swith simply by asking bixby to do it. (Long Press on the bixby button and say Disable Universal Switch). That worked instantly! by member nad0101
CCC- tap on the gear icon, scroll down to "Accessibility" then look for "Direct access" in this menu: search for universal switch, disable it. by member LoopHule
DDD-Just Press "Powerbutton and Volume up button at a time for few seconds", then your screen will turnoff automatically. Just press power button this issue will be resolved. Please turn off talkback in accessibility in your mobile. by member Helping
09-08-2018 08:15 AM in
Hi, I have the same issue in Galaxy Edge7. With the steps as given in this thread I am unable to reset my phone. The screen is completely unresponsive and after press holding power button wheb the blue box moves to Emergency Off, tap/touch doesn't work at all. Any suggestion to fix this issue?