Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New OS update

(Topic created on: 22-03-2019 09:46 AM)
JB55
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

The new update has made my phone much slower, the app icons are childish, and the drop down menu now replicates iPhone.

If I wanted an iPhone style system - I'd get an iPhone. This update is the worst since I have changed. The decrease in speed is ridiculous.

4 REPLIES 4
Danvw
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

The permanent on screen navigation bar is a pile of twoddle too. 

I want my old os back. Hate the icons hate the pull down menu. Hate the clock on left.

Ggrrr how do you revert back to the old os????

BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

The option to use gestures instead of the little dot to hide the navigation bar has been added. 

Personally I want the dot back too to which I'd suggest to send feedback via the Samsung Members App  / Samsung + app to which I've done too.

You can move the clock back to the right using the Goodlock App.

You can change the icons via an icon pack or theme from the Samsung theme Store.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Keiz
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

My phone suddenly automatically updated itself and now its wack asf. How is it an upgrade if we are losing function? No longer can you have a quick camera screen selection, nor multi split screen, and the bar at the bottom of the screen is no longer adjustable. Anyone knows how to revert it back? Please and thank you!!! I feel like I waste $1000 buck on this phone now.

BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

@Keiz wrote:

My phone suddenly automatically updated itself and now its wack asf. How is it an upgrade if we are losing function? No longer can you have a quick camera screen selection, nor multi split screen, and the bar at the bottom of the screen is no longer adjustable. Anyone knows how to revert it back? Please and thank you!!! I feel like I waste $1000 buck on this phone now.

Quick camera > Launch Camera and then tap on the cog icon in the top left hand corner. 

The option is there.Screenshot_20190402-055132_Camera.jpg

The option to hide the navigation bar by pressing on the dot has been removed and replaced with a swipe gestures option found in settings. This removes the navigation bar completely or leaves 3 little bars showing where to swipe up.

Split Screen >

When you press on the icon on the navigation bar to open up multi tasking then press on the icon at the top of the open card. 

If that app provides split screen options then it'll give you that option. 

Rolling back firmware > 

Samsungs official stance is it's not possible. 

However if you use a Google Search and also look at the xdadevelopers site you'll find information.

A person doing this does so at their own sole responsibility knowing that a phone can be put Into an unusable state and possible manufacturing warranty being voided.

Samsung can be sent back feedback via the Samsung Members App  / Samsung + app to which I've sent mine too about the new update.

Other options in the interim to change how it looks can be Samsung Themes , icon packs , launchers such as Nova Prime and the Goodlock App. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.