Original topic:

Mysterious miscellaneous files

(Topic created on: 06-01-2018 03:59 PM)
LEB-226
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi, 

My Samsung J3 has run out of storage and in the process of trying to clear out my phone I found I have 1.27 GB of miscellaneous files.  When I look at the breakdown it says there are no files in the folder...

Does anyone have any suggestions of what this may be or how to delete it.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

Id Start by looking in My Files and delete what you can in there. 

Can you detail what your navigating to step by step to where your seeing this storage. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb.
Samsung Gear s³ Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Watch⁴ Classic.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

0 Likes
Laura56
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi,

I've got this exact same issue. I've deleted and disabled any apps that aren't essential, moved all of my photos and videos onto my SD card and still, I'm getting warnings about space and can't download new apps. What's frustrating is that I uninstalled Netflix this morning because I don't need it anymore and the miscellaneous files folder has since grown from 1 GB to 1.2GB. When I click into it there are only a few files in there and none are more than a few kb. Is there any way to either move the apps that don't have the "Move to SD card" button highlighted to my SD card or to clear the Miscellaneous Files folder?

Thanks!

Dee131
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same problem.
Loads of miscellaneous files showing, but there's nothing there, and it's using my storage up.
I've checked everything in My files, and deleted everything I can but, the miscellaneous files are still showing.

Yeetusmchelpus
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Go to the files and go to Download history. See if there is anything unless that you want to delete. See if your storage goes up. It worked for me

0 Likes
Ray120
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Laura56 - Did you solve it? It's driving me mad!! I've been comparing my old samsung tablet and they are both 8gb but when I add the individual parts up there is 0.5 gb on the newer tablet..grrrh -where is it?

0 Likes