Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Message Notifications

(Topic created on: 06-03-2018 11:01 AM)
AndreaB4
First Poster
Options

I have just got a Samsung A3 2017 phone upgraded from the A3 2016. In the  2016 I Zedged ringtones and notification in Messages, Messenger, Whatsapp, Facebook, Contacts etc. My problem with the 2017 is I can only have one message tone for all apps. When I get this tone I have to search through my phone to find out who has sent one. e.g. Zedge tone for messages "you have mail" also sounds for Facebook, Whatsapp etc. I have looked all through the phone and frankly I am at a loss. Hope someone can help. Thanks AndreaB4

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@AndreaB4

I have this phone too, and it seems we have to go to the app itself and change the notification sound, so for example WhatsApp, go to the Settings menu by clicking the 3 little dots in the top right hand corner, Click the dots and then click Settings > Notifications and then click Notification sound and you can change the tone in there, and go through your individual apps and change their notification sounds by finding the settings of the app and look for the notification settings. 

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@AndreaB4

I have this phone too, and it seems we have to go to the app itself and change the notification sound, so for example WhatsApp, go to the Settings menu by clicking the 3 little dots in the top right hand corner, Click the dots and then click Settings > Notifications and then click Notification sound and you can change the tone in there, and go through your individual apps and change their notification sounds by finding the settings of the app and look for the notification settings. 

AndreaB4
First Poster
Options
Thanks. I thought I had tried doing that yesterday but it kept defaulting back. It has definitely worked now so thank you so much.
AndreaB4
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

You're welcome @AndreaB4 and all can do now is go through all your apps and manually change all the notification sounds that you want changed.

0 Likes