Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How do I update my lock screen message android 14

(Topic created on: 15-06-2023 12:47 PM)
Jobosam
Navigator
Options
Could someone please advise me on how to update my lock screen message. My Galaxy A13 started life on Android 12, but is now on Android 14.

My current message is :
HI, PLEASE CALL ME ON 075## ######. YOU HAVE FOUND MY LOST PHONE. MANY THANKS 😊
0 Likes

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I'm also on android 13. It should still be under settings lockscreen. Look at the image click edit with the image of lockscreen. Screenshot_20230615_142634_Settings.jpg

View solution in context

Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
So once you click on edit do you not have the option to click on your message. Then change your lock screen message?Screenshot_20230615_152305_Wallpaper and style.jpgScreenshot_20230615_152348_Wallpaper and style.jpg

View solution in context

Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you tried changing your wallpaper? Are you using any apps from the good lock app they may prevent you to edit changes?

View solution in context

15 REPLIES 15
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Go to Settings > lock screen > edit lock screen. Once in lock screen, tap on the message at the bottom. Then change it to what you want your message.
0 Likes
Jobosam
Navigator
Options
Many thanks Fiona26 😀 I did make a small error, my phone is actually Android 13 (not 14) and when I go into 'edit lock screen' there is nothing there which suggests or even displays what the current lockscreen message is, or how I can edit/change it.

I can only assume that Android have moved the option to somewhere else since Android 12, which is when I would have created the lock screen message originally.
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I'm also on android 13. It should still be under settings lockscreen. Look at the image click edit with the image of lockscreen. Screenshot_20230615_142634_Settings.jpg
Jobosam
Navigator
Options
Thanks again Fiona, I'm guessing that you mean the image of a lock screen (on the left) with the small "edit" word showing the time as 12:45.
When I tap that image I get the message "Selected image can't be set as wallpaper. Choose other image.".

If I click the lock screen image on the right, with the word widgets underneath it, then I get a list of ordered apps that can be displayed when I click the time on the lock screen.

So I suspect that my left Lock screen image response is broken.

It looks like it's not working properly.
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
So once you click on edit do you not have the option to click on your message. Then change your lock screen message?Screenshot_20230615_152305_Wallpaper and style.jpgScreenshot_20230615_152348_Wallpaper and style.jpg
Jobosam
Navigator
Options
I am clicking on the attached image, is this what you mean?

For some unknown reason, photo app has removed the edit button.

Wherever I tap on the image, I get message "Selected image can't be set as wallpaper. Choose other image." and nothing else happens.

Screenshot_20230615_144408_Settings~2.jpg
0 Likes
Jobosam
Navigator
Options
This image may be better

Screenshot_20230615_144408_Settings.jpg
Jobosam
Navigator
Options
I was able to edit it in the past, as you can see in the image that I've attached, at the bottomScreenshot_20230615_154109_One UI Home~2.jpg
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you tried changing your wallpaper? Are you using any apps from the good lock app they may prevent you to edit changes?