Pathfinder
Options
How to go to Android recovery
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
surfo
Student
Options
Plug a USB cable from your phone to your computer. Hold the power and volume up buttons for a few seconds until you see the samsung logo and feel the vibration. You are now in recovery mode
0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
How do I do this without your computer
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Plug into your tv if it has a usb or ive uve used the usb port on the sky box before
G G
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I get my S23 Ultra into recovery mode using my old S21 Ultra. I just use a USB-C cable between the two to make my S21 Ultra feed charge to my 23U. I turn my 23 off and connect the cable from the 21 till the charging logo appears on my 23U, then I press and hold volume up and power keys till the recovery menu pops up. Be careful not to hit the factory data reset option here.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BreeTheMouse  You will need another Device if you do not have a computer, can also plug in USB-C Headphones if  available.  Are you wishing to wipe the cache partition, repair apps or something else?  Anyway a bit about the various options here https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-use-android-recovery-mode/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
This was very handy to know @Babishko. I recently posted that I could not enter recovery mode on my s23 ultra using a set of USB-C headphones. Which I always used for my s21 ultra, which still has no problem getting into recovery mode using headphones. S23 ultra just wouldn't have none of it, so had to use my sons laptop. May be my tab s7+ will work, 👍
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I had exactly the same problem on my S23 Ultra @Fiona26 in that trying to enter recovery mode via USB-C headphones just would not work as it still does on my old S21 Ultra. I started using an old Asus laptop to enter recovery mode on my 23U before hearing a throwaway comment on some video to use an old USB-C mobile device to get entry to recovery mode on the phone. Clearing the cache partition is something I attach massive importance to after every software update and I could never just stop doing it and hope for the best.👍
Kirstyl0u
Pathfinder
Options
I've desperately been trying to not my s23 plus into recovery mode with no luck. All i have at my disposal is a old s8 mobile. When i tried it the s23 charged the s8, but i couldn't get the s8 to charge the s23, as i think it's too old? Does anyone please know a way around this?
0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
How do I do this without USB
0 Likes