Support

Open search

Galaxy j5 won't connect to wifi

Highlighted
First Poster

I was on an app when my wifi crashed after that I can't connect to wifi when I slide the button across to turn it on it slides back across and just says turning on I tried a factory reset but that didn't work 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi @Sm789. What app was you on at the time? Can you connect to Wi-Fi in Safe Mode? To activate this, restart your phone but whilst it's powering up, keep the 'Volume Down' until you reach the home screen. If done correctly, Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner. Let me know if Wi-Fi works during this. To exite Safe Mode, restart your phone as normal. 

Highlighted

I was on a game I don't remember what it was. I tried safe mode and it's the same

Highlighted

Thanks for letting us know, @Sm789! It might be worth having an Samsung engineer taking a deeper look into this. We'd recommend backing up all important data via the Samsung Smart Switch app and connecting to a laptop or PC. If you're unable to do this, try moving your data to an SD Card. You can check your near Samsung Support Centre here

Highlighted
First Poster

I have the same problem.  After turning on the  Wi-Fi  the switch turns off automatically. I have this problem for about two months. (Samsung Galaxy J5 2017)

Top Liked Authors