Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy J3 2017 J330 died no warning

(Topic created on: 13-10-2022 05:00 AM)
JohnBoy393
First Poster
Options

Hi community people,

Please could someone help or point me in the right direction. I understand the J3 is discontinued but up until this morning it was working perfectly and is in perfect cosmetic condition.

The phone battery had completely run down, I put it on charge, the screen showed the battery hazard icon after a few minutes the charge progress indicator appeared, when at 2% I powered the phone on it booted up fine, approximately 1 minute the phone seemed to have done an instant off, no warning. I assumed it needed some charge whilst powered off before trying to power on again so I left it for at least 30 mins, when i got back to the phone it was completely unresponsive, won't power on, doesnt appear to be charging, no lights, no indicators of any kind.

The phone had been working perfectly up to this.

I have tried the various key press combo's with no joy, I don't want to dive straight in to taking the phone apart and I'm confused as to what could have broken (charging port/dead battery) given that it has been working perfectly with no issues or signs of degradation etc.

Hope someone can help,

Kind Regards

John

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JohnBoy393 

I would advise that a phone isn't allowed to have it's battery deplete to the point that the phone powers down as this has the ability to cause complications.

I won't let my battery drop below 15%

The generic advice is to leave it on charge to see what happens.

Leave it overnight.

Don't take it apart as this could introduce more issues and dust into the unit.

Let a Samsung Service Centre have hands on.

They'll assess the phone and advise of any applicable charges so you can then balance up wether the repair cost outweighs the cost of a new phone.

That said they may just be able to wake it up.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes