Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Failed to play video an unknown error has occured

(Topic created on: 31/07/17 07:04)
Bendover007
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

So i took a video on my brand new s8 last night and within 5 mins its saying failed to play video please help me fix this an prevent it from happening again...

16 REPLIES 16
Confuzzled
Options
Other Smartphones

This recently happened to me and I have found the solution to my problem was an application that I downloaded that requested permissions to delete files as well as access others files in my phone.  When I deleted the app I still could not play my older videos as they were no longer in my internal storage but I was able to save new videos and watch them after the app was deleted.  For my the app was matchington house but I'm sure other apps may do or try the same thing.  Hope this helps

0 Likes
LunaDarke
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

Riddle me this.

I accidentally did a factory reset on my Note 9 last week. I lost a lot because I don't use "the cloud" because I don't trust "the cloud". Instead I just back everything up to my laptop. I invested in a 400gb SD card. I loaded my pictures, no issues. Loaded my music, no issues. I load my videos, "Video failed to play,  an unknown error has occured." This has been driving me crazy for a week!

I loaded them the the internal storage and the play, no issue.

0 Likes
ElAnton
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Did you try the video player that worked for me? For some reason... access time differences between internal and external memory, or maybe too little buffering on most players... I really don't know but there are player that work 100% of the time for all videos. The one I posted is called HD Video Player for Android ( HD Video Player 2018 ). See if the link works: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.photo.video.editor.xxvideoplayer

It would be interesting to know if it works for you too.

0 Likes
PsyJaye
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I had a Note 3 and never saw that error mssg but had to upgrage my android and moved to the Galaxy A20 which is where I am getting this video player error; it could be an app issue because in spite of promising myself not to go nuts with Play Store apps I am a sucker for connectivity & music recording/player apps- not 3 weeks old and getting this error consistently AFTER forcing vids & pics to SD - any suggestions? I have 32 g onboard & 64g SD & thought that was the purpose...

0 Likes
Wil6ced
Options
Other Smartphones

I just got my phone and I'm having the exact problem when watching FB Live.

0 Likes
PsyJaye
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Did tou format the SD?

0 Likes
Ben o
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same issue with my S10. Except I took the videos with phone, worked just fine playable, and an hour later they are unplayable.  Tried moving them from SD to local, to pc, using HD and VLC, even tried fixing mp4 software and nothing.  If I try to create a new file it works fine.  I think the problem is file size. Anything bigger than 100mb will not save. It tell me that they are in an unsupported format, which is bull since no settings where changed and two of my  videos saved, the two under 50mb. Oh, my SD card is 300gb and mostly empty. The phone is configured to use the SD card not local mem. Has been sick split for a year. May have cost me a million dollar sale so not happy right now. Can't even split it into smaller files.