Support

Open search

Can't send any texts!

Highlighted
SOLVED

On 27/12/17 My old phone, a Samsung Galaxy S6, suddenly switched itself off and wouldn't switch on again for a couple of hours. When it eventually switched back on again, it was never able to send text messages again. I got a new Samsung a couple of days ago, a Samsung A5, and tried to text off this phone and my texts still won't send! It's irritating and frustrating - can anyone help please? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Florencesmum

The first thing would be to check that your text messaging centre number is correct in the phone. 

Check with any support pages from your mobile network operator to see what this is and then check in the phones settings it's correct. 

Your network should have set up help pages and troubleshooting guides. 

Check no texting bar has been inadvertently toggled On in your network app etc (If relevant to your network features)

As the issue however has happened with two phones this could be an issue with your account. Again speak with your network operator to check your account. 

If your sending long texts or ones with emoticons inserted this can transform the normal sms text to a mms text. Some people's text allowances do not include these types of messages and a cost can be charged. 

Also some people's accounts needs provisioning by their network to send those types of messages. 

Does this affect every text or texts to certain people. It could be worth just checking that no numbers has been added to the phones text blocking feature. 

I'd be surprised if this is a direct issue with the phone to be honest. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Florencesmum

The first thing would be to check that your text messaging centre number is correct in the phone. 

Check with any support pages from your mobile network operator to see what this is and then check in the phones settings it's correct. 

Your network should have set up help pages and troubleshooting guides. 

Check no texting bar has been inadvertently toggled On in your network app etc (If relevant to your network features)

As the issue however has happened with two phones this could be an issue with your account. Again speak with your network operator to check your account. 

If your sending long texts or ones with emoticons inserted this can transform the normal sms text to a mms text. Some people's text allowances do not include these types of messages and a cost can be charged. 

Also some people's accounts needs provisioning by their network to send those types of messages. 

Does this affect every text or texts to certain people. It could be worth just checking that no numbers has been added to the phones text blocking feature. 

I'd be surprised if this is a direct issue with the phone to be honest. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

View solution in original post

Top Liked Authors