Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has a S21?

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 11:46 AM)
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
Who has the S21 (not + or ultra)? What are your thoughts on it so far? About to purchase one but want to see how others are finding theirs so far.
0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
Laurac84
Voyager
Options
I don't actually have one but from what I have read on here alot of people seem to be having issues with them 😔
0 Likes
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I've seen some having issues and some being thrilled as they had no issues however they seem to be the ultra models mainly (that I've come across anyway)
AJ2712
Student
Options
I have the s21 and it's great, not massive upgrade from s20 I've heard but I came from s10 and the camera and a few features are much better.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, I have the 16GB/512GB S21ultra in the UK without any issues, great phone with crazy battery life.
Here's a screenshot from this morning.

Screenshot_20210204-093839_Device care_87.jpg

Screenshot_20210204-093804_Device care_88.jpg

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

i think you will probably find the most of the problems experienced here are with the Ultra Model.    I have not seen much feedback with the S21 so far.  

The problems of most concern seem to be overheating during usage, the camera being a bit less than expected, and other minor performance bugs.  Most of these can be patched with software.   However it is thought that some of these heat issues can also be due to the sync of previous phone data between different models and different Android One UI versions.  So the advice is not to use smartswitch to transfer all apps etc... as compatibility problems of apps with the new software / hardware could have a factor to play in the problems.  

I have been lucky not to have suffered some of the problems with my Ultra.   The  S21 model seems to be a nice compromise in price, and most of the complaints about that are with the 'No SD card', no headphone jack, and no charger in the box,  so buy a phone with enough base memory to start with... else you need to use cloud services to store information.  Also some have mentioned about the plastic rear cover, but I cannot comment on that as I haven't seen it. 

I would recommend watching a couple of Youtube videos reviewing the S21 before you press that button, so you know what you are buying.

Kind regards
Smiley :smiling-face:

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
I'm coming from A70 so will be a big upgrade for me I imagine 🤞
0 Likes
Zara92
Pioneer
Options
Also in the UK but the ultra is too big for me, thinking the 6.2" S21 will be a better fit for me and my needs. Good to hear you're enjoying yours 🙂
AllottedGecko54
Explorer
Options
I have the S21, I think it's great, not had any issues so far apart from Facebook closing when I open it, I am putting it down to the app needing to be updated. everything else is great about the phone.
AJ2712
Student
Options
Yes you will enjoy it! Not many people have commented on this but the s21 in white which I have also has a glow back display- if you cover the flash it lights up the sides and the Samsung logo. Definitely looks smart despite the plastic back! 👌