Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Connector Couldn't Switch To Phone

(Topic created on: 29-06-2019 09:25 AM)
Cicero101
First Poster
Options

I couldn't transfer music files from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ to my MP3 player using theISB cable and connector. It's only charging the MP3 Player but it wouldn't let me switch to phone to carry out the transfer. I've done it before and it was ok, but now it won't allow me. I don't know what's wrong. Each time l click on phone, it says couldn't switch and it remains on USB Connect which only charges the MP3 Player.

Regards.

15 REPLIES 15
Hesham
Student
Options

replay to Galaxy A70

switching role of host between devices

the result can't switch USB

0 Likes
Andresaral
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you find a way to solve the problem, I have the same issue and the same S21Ultra and it doesn't switch from This device to Connected Device. 

Let me know y if you could find a way to switch it, thanks in advance 

0 Likes
Richard Lawrence Jos
First Poster
Options

I had a problem when my phone could not be controlled by my laptop. I went to "Device manager" and went to USB settings. When I clicked on it of the many USB options, I noticed one with an error code "43" I deleted that usb device, rebooted, and all worked perfectly. The phone once again appeared and could be logged into from my laptop.

0 Likes
datastorm
First Poster
Options

I'm dealing with the same issue, different connected device.

I'm using one of those devices that sends video from the phone to a Television or Computer monitor.

I bought the connection device at Microcenter. 

--->  Inland USB-C Hub with 4K HDMI, VGA, USB 3.0 and 3.5mm Audio port

So, I can't get any video signal or picture to display from my phone to any video device via HDMI.   I've tried the VGA port, USB3.0 cable, nothing responds.  

So when I connect the device to my Samsung A42G phone via the USB-C port, I do see the notification on my phone, I select the notification, and it is at that point I get to your issue.  I see the message  [USB Controlled By "Connected device" can't switch].   It only wants to use "Charge Mode"

No matter what I do, I cannot select "This Device" so that I can scroll down and make a choice, such as MIDI or Transferring images, or whatever I would want to select, because they're all ghosted out.

Troubleshooting performed:

I cannot get the OSD menu to come up when this device is connected to the monitor.

I've tried connecting the device to different manufacturer's computer monitors via the HDMI.

I've tried using normal televisions. No video will display from my phone. 

0 Likes
Gav21
First Poster
Options

Hello I am running into the same issue trying to connect a Crucial SSD to my phone, no option to allow my phone to transfer anything to or from the SSD.

I have tried enabling debug mode

0 Likes
KookieMonster
First Poster
Options

Hey man,

I also just hit a dead end with this OTG issue. I tried to use multiple samsung devices and the results are all the same despite being of different models. I just can't seem to switch the host from the connected device. It only takes power but doesn't even power on devices that are connected in the usb port, that is unless i reconnect it. Even then it  doesn't supply enough power to run whatever is connected, for me I'm trying to use a extrernal hdd.

Tested with S22 Ultra, S21 FE and a 2018 A9. None of them worked. 

Might end up considering into getting a  Type C hdd case if there isn't much to do about this.

0 Likes