Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Pop-up View will not disable in S10e

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 12:20 PM)
J88Sunday
Student
Options

Hi folks, my first post here,

I've just bought an S10e, being the last major modern flagship that fits for one-handed use (upgrading/crossgrading from the Xperia ZX2 Compact).

I'm enjoying being back on Samsung, however the button placement is awful and the inability to disable the Bixby key completely or reassign it as the Power key may be a dealbreaker.

My issue at the moment is that I haven't enabled "Smart Pop-up View" (infact, there isn't an option for this in 'Advanced Features' as many guides state there is) - however when I swipe down when receiving a notification about a new message in Messages for instance, rather than the notification bar swiping down and being able to read the preview notification, it opens up a window-on-a-window which I find really annoying.

Is there any way to fix this? Is this a known issue since the most recent update, where Samsung have removed Smart Pop-Up View from the Advanced Features menu but hard-wired the feature as On? 
"Appear on top" in Special access is off for Messages, Signal etc. but swiping down on a notification still does this.

Thanks in advance of any responses,
Johnny

0 REPLIES 0