Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung: 3 MAJOR PROBLEMS IN S21 ULTRA!

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 10:32 AM)
Darbis
Voyager
Options

There are too many threads now with the same to issues. I am only starting this so Samsung can read the title and get moving with it.

1. Battery drain (much more on camera use)

2. Camera picture quality is a hit and miss.

3. Heating issue when using the phone in normal use and especially much more in camera mode.

Please add more but lets keep it to the basic common problems

62 REPLIES 62
NickyPreston
First Poster
Options

Yes same issues. Battery drain after 6 hours or normal use of a few phone calls and messages. Nothing heavy. Camera use really made my phone hot after only 5 mins of use. AR emoji really frys mobile and makes it so hot you get a warning message pop up saying if you continue to use the app it will close so the phone can cool down. The S21 ultra is a real disappointment. Im sticking with my S9+

0 Likes
RossP
First Poster
Options

I received my new samsung s21 G998b and have had no problems. My first s21 was shocking. Must of had a few internal issues. They replaced under warranty 

0 Likes
Members_jafD15q
First Poster
Options

having lots of issues

picture quality, camera app freezing then shutting down if you take too many pictures

overheating from too much use especially the camera.

myself and a friend are both also having loss of signal issues.

not happy samsung say they are going to take it back for repair but if so many people are having these issues how are they going to repair it? if they can repair it then why did they release the phone with these issues.

I am thinking of just asking for a refund as it is a uge amount of money to pay for a phone i bought just for the camera and it is so poor. I could have bought an amazing camera for this money and stuck with my p30 pro for my phone.

don't know what to do

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

@Members_jafD15q I can feel your pain. I cannot return mine as that gate closed over a month ago. For me it was also the camera that made me do the jump from my dated Note 8 much to my disappointment. If you can return it and get your money back, I would say do it. Then if you liked the phone, wait and see how the issues will get addressed and whether they will. You can always try for it at that point, or wait for S22 😄

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
McGookin
Apprentice
Options

I've found my touch screen has failed a few times. The screen indicates it has felt the sensor but the action hasn't been carried out. Only fix is restart with the awkward 2 buttons due to shitty bixby 😒 they need to let that go man... 

0 Likes
McGookin
Apprentice
Options

*not experiencing any worse battery use than my last phone and heat not a problem.. I use my camera for work most days, videoing up to an hour of saved footage 

0 Likes
h84
Student
Options
I've had 2 s21 5g so far both battery bad heating up and echo on calls if this one dose it it has to be the phones Samsung will need too do a recall with how many people get same problems 🤔 especially when you get the phone out right
0 Likes
McGookin
Apprentice
Options

I hate the call quality. Its basically like loudspeaker and others can hear your conversation if it's not right down.. 

0 Likes
Theodore7
First Poster
Options

For so long , I have been reading your reviews about the new S21 Series . There are guys talking about a useless phone and I must say that I am fortunate not to take into consideration their comments and bying the phone to find out how great this phone really is .

First of all , someone mentions a 6.000 mAh battery . Are you sure you have the S21 Ultra , or did you get the Chinese S21 Ultra that goes around 130$ in price ?

The battery on standby consumed about 5% in about 8 and a half hours of standby ( while I was sleeping obvisouly ) . 
The consumption was also around 7% downloading the 1Gb update and installing it . 
Overall , the battery lasts a lot longer than the S10 plus that I upgraded from , I am really happy with it . 

No overheating problem . Yes , it does heat up ( on camera mode , while playing games , or talking on the phone ) ,  but no more than any other S Series phone that I have had so far and it has never been annoying . 

The camera quality is excellent and I am really happy with the results of the dedicated cameras , the 3X and 10 X . Photos are more realistic but the greatest improvement that I can see so far is the video quality compared to my last phone . 

The fingerprint sensor is quick in response , I barely put my finer on the sensor and it's all that it takes to unlock the phone . 

Smart Switch did what I expected it to do . It was like having my S10 plus cloned on my S21 Ultra . 

Call quality is excellent , audio with no earphones is great with the stereo setup of the speakers , no problems with the signal everything works out just as the reviews on Youtube pointed out . 

The only things that I have to point out , is that it's bad that they got rid of the Card Slot , that there isn't a charger in the box ( although I purchased it at a mear 18 Euro ) , no data cable ( type C to type A ) to connect the phone to my PC or laptop and that the Clear View is just on the right side of the cover . 
Last but not least , the price is actually high especially during the Covid 19 crisis where lots of people are out of work with minimal income . 

My device: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 256/Exynos

0 Likes
leeromanpc
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing the same. Is there a solution? I am not satisfied with this product. 

0 Likes