Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 update to Android 12 - SIM continuously resetting

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 08:54 AM)
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

three days ago I have received the update to Android 12 on my Galaxy S21 5G  and, since then, the phone is almost unusable to make phone calls

Both sims reset themselves periodically, within minutes, dropping the network and any phone call in progress. 

After trying to reset the network settings, the phone has started to request the pin for the sims at each reset, so I had to disable it. Keeping one or the other sim active only isn't changing the behaviour. 

The diagnostic on the phone doesn't detect any issue even if run while the network is down. 

Does anyone incurred in the same issue or found any solution? The phone is 3 months old...

0 Likes
Go to solution
109 REPLIES 109
hasham11
Explorer
Options

What I have noticed, if I switch off dual sim mode, the network issue doesn't happen that often, I haven't faced the network resetting for more than 24 hours by using only a single sim. 

0 Likes
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options
I have installed update BULC just made available this morning and it seems that I'm not getting resets any more!
0 Likes
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options
Correction, just had a reset. Not any more every five minutes, at least...
0 Likes
hasham11
Explorer
Options

Seems like samsung has still not addressed this issue 😔 

Erik Friis-Dahl
Journeyman
Options

Yes the same here. Did the update and was really exicited for the Phone to restart, but still the same problem 😪

0 Likes
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

So it seems...

I'm not too surprised, anyway. BULC was rolled out and stopped after one day about one week ago, so I wasn't expecting a huge breakthrough.

But at least on BUL1 the sims were resetting literally every 5 minutes, now I have seen it once in a couple of hours.

It's clearly a software issue, anyway. 

0 Likes
Erik Friis-Dahl
Journeyman
Options

The Phone sort of work with flightmode activated. Wifi connected and then using the wifi net to call. 

0 Likes
christo574
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20211227-174221_Chrome.jpg

 Hi everyone. 

Try this it's working for me ! I'm on the last android 12 software and since this morning  with this solution no one reset. 

0 Likes
hasham11
Explorer
Options

Nope doesn't work, the moment I switch on dual sim mode, the network keeps resetting every other minute. Using single sim, works without any issues, haven't had network reset in over 5 days. 

0 Likes
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

I'm not sure I understand the instructions, what is the "bearer" option? In the apn settings there are only the settings sent automatically by the operators, and the only option available is to reset them... 

0 Likes