Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra take forever to charge

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 08:43 PM)
bkthebk
Apprentice
Options

Admittedly I am using a generic charger, but should it take 5 hours to charge fully from 50%?  This is incredibly longer than my last phone. 

15 REPLIES 15
sundai
Pioneer
Options
Yeah, I didn't realise you had to enable it. I thought it would do it straight out the box, but hey all sorted now 😁
0 Likes
bkthebk
Apprentice
Options

I had "super fast charging" and "fast wireless charging" enabled.  I didn't have "fast charging" enabled. 

0 Likes
SgtRepeat
Explorer
Options

My S21 Ultra is taking 1.5 hours to charge from 5-100% with the Samsung 25W super fast charger and the cable supplied with the S21 Ultra.

And I have fast charging and super fast charging enabled on my device.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

0 Likes
lorr1e1
Journeyman
Options

i have S21 Ultra 5g as well; mine takes is 1 hour 30 mins as well to charge, i think it cannot charge any faster, as i think the phones charge max 18 Watts possibly 20Watts  I read somewhere.  I had a charger than came with my s10+ which is fast charging. 

I recently bought a RAV power Gan charger 65Watt recently, thiking it will charge even faster, but still getting 1.5 hours to charge to 100% because the phone cannot charge any faster.

I sometimes use my laptop 45 W USB-C charger same duration too so device seems fine 

As much as it's touting fast charge  i feel like it's not fast enough 1 hour i would be happy with.  I've never notice it charging 50% within 30 mins either, my laptop can do this but never noticed it with my phone!

0 Likes
NYlight
First Poster
Options

Same problem as Apprentice stated. Samsung cable, Samsung charger 37% charged. Takes 5 1/2 hours to charge. Also would not charge from USB port, tried 3 devices, several cables, refused to register cable and charger was attached. Have 30 years of technology, 20 of which was troubleshooting and tech support, I tried a plug in adapter using the SAME USB cable and it trickle charged the phone!  I suspect there are more than 2 contacts in the charge port, and some are shot! It is under warranty, No Samsung stores for 5 hours, Authorized repaid is over an hour, mail in is 5-7 days! I live in a decent sized city in NY State, not the US Virgin Islands! Support 800# tech was more than useless. Waiting for Best Buy to see if the Samsung Representative still comes there. Best Buy stores no longer answer incoming calls, and have not called me even with only one other customer call back in front of me. Unbelievable what USA support has come to!!

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@NYlight 

Sorry to hear about your issues with the Snapdragon model.

This section of the forum is for European users on the Exynos chipset.

The U.S. users section is here...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/bd-p/GalaxyS21

Hope that helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes