Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra scratches caused by samung clear view case

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 04:48 PM)
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
I have been so careful with my s21 ultra and use either the clear view case or rhe samaing case with s pen (want the clear view spen one but they are on long delays ) 

Have been out today and noticed I have a scratch on my clear view case which has also scratches my s21 ultra luckily I have rhe screen protector on but there is defo a scratch caused by the case 

I never have anything in my pocket to cause rhe items to scratch so has to be the case 

Has anyone else had this?? 
63 REPLIES 63
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
I've changed to a decent screen protector and it's not scratched so far... however have a scratch on the case not happy however think my phone screen is safe now .. am going to email amazon to see if they can replace it
0 Likes
JSobell
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same issue. Firstly, a the plastic stock screen protector has worn a big line of marks all the way along the window of the clear-view case, and secondly this rubbing has caused matt-effect all along the edge of the screen protector.

The phone is kept in a front pocket in the same way as every Samsung phone I have ever owned, and I've never ever seen this issue on any of the previous model of ClearView case (Note 4, S8, S20, and Note20).

All of my previous phones have used the ClearView case for at least a year, with no scratching on either the phone or plastic window, yet I've now had this case for less than one week and it has done damage!

I suspect it's largely because the hinge is huge, so the cover flops around over the screen, but also because most previous covers had a recessed window with plenty of overlap on the outside, but this cover has the plastic literally rubbing against the screen protector.

I will be taking this back to Samsung to see about a working replacement or a refund, and I'll also need a replacement screen protector because the factory one is so badly scuffed.

I'm really unimpressed, and would absolutely not recommend this case for 'protection' as the case itself has done more damage than anything else to my brand new phone.

Scuffing on ClearView windowScuffing on ClearView windowScuffing on phone screen protectorScuffing on phone screen protector

GraemeD
Navigator
Options

I have a scratch on my screen protector despite using it mostly at home or in my coat pocket when I go to the grocery store (Covid life in the fast lane).. It is a thin layer of plastic and I should probably replace it with something better but can't be bothered with Whitestone Dome at £50. Many cheaper variants don't seem to allow the fingerprint sensor to work so it might be a like for like replacement when this one starts to wear. 

0 Likes
Poot1873
First Poster
Options

I've had the exact same problem.  After one day of use a scratch could be seen on the screen. I thought it may of been a one off, but after 4 days use more scratches could be seen where the clear part covers.
I had the same issue when I had the S6 clear cover, causing the glass screen to be permanently damaged. The issue was fixed on the S8 clear screen cover as they had used rubber on the clear view part. But they have not used this on this cover. A very poor design fault, and I'm going to contact Samsung regarding this issue !

20210219_165403.jpg20210219_165450.jpg20210219_165551.jpg

0 Likes
Snapper99
Voyager
Options

Kind of yes, I bought a S21 Ultra 512GB in phantom black along with the smart view clear cover with s-pen as part of the pre-order. Delivery went well with it arriving on the 28th, I registered it on the 'my devices' part of the site, put it in the protective cover/case and used it for 3 days (great phone btw).

Now, after three days use I found that the cover had scratched the screen down one side (the cover is defiantly not very protective!) so I ended up ringing Samsung Shop on the 31st Jan for advice and discussed the matter with the representative who told me to send it back for replacement with a turn around of 3 to 5 days and she also arranged for it to be collected and set the request priority as 'urgent'

Phone was picked up on the 2nd Feb 2021, i tracked the parcel all the way back to the warehouse via DPD. I have the delivery receipt (had to go find that myself online) and with correspondence from Samsung that was the last I saw or heard of it.

Not having heard anything for 2 days (not even a we got it and are looking at it type email) I looked on my account to see if anything was there, nothing the device had been de-registered and wasn't showing at all.

Tried contacting through the live chat, waste of time that was... It just defaulted me to the sale page and tried to sell me a phone!

Next step was to ring, got through eventually (very poor line) only to be told they hadn't received it back, that led to an interesting conversation and me sending screen shots of the delivery receipt etc before they acknowledged by email that yes it was there and requested 3 to 5 days to sort it out. Also they set the first request 'solved' and gave this request a priority of low.

Next correspondence was to inform me that the phone was now out of stock...  Would I like another colour?  Err no! I ordered the black one, because I wanted a black one drr...   Informed that I would be sent one when they are back in stock, replacements are classed as a priority over new sales and would be kept informed. Oh  they also set the request to solved and priority low 

Now, as a remote means of monitoring stock, I signed up to the stock alert system for that particular Phone model and finish....  To date I have received at least 4 stock back in alerts yet when checking (within minuets or receiving the alert) it shows.... OUT OF STOCK, but you can have a silver one or one of the other magic colours if you so wish....

So we are now 22 days and counting from the first contact...  Not a happy bunny so to speak and patience rapidly running out... 

And yes, I do get the covid WFH thing etc, been doing the same since it all kicked off last year apart from the days when I have had to go in, it was weird being the only driver on the M4 at times! 

Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
I've got this screen saver really easy to install as long as you watch rhe video and the fingerprint sensor works perfect

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08RYVXYWX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_62EBE1FQ1FWARJMX9540?_encoding=UTF8&p...
Snapper99
Voyager
Options

Thanks mancuk29, just need the replacement phone to fit it on now...

Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
did you send it back to samsung for a replacement?? did it actually scratch your proper screen and not just the crappy plastic screen cover
0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
just read your story that's crazy I was lucky I only had a screen protector scratched.. I really don't want to put my case on my phone now
0 Likes
GraemeD
Navigator
Options

I just watched a YouTube vid which included the screen protector you recommended and the guy doing the vid liked it too! I have the original  screen protector on which has a strange scratch on it already and I never put the phone in pocket with keys etc so no idea where it's come from. I'll give this one a go though, thanks.

0 Likes