Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra can't wipe cache partition since April patch

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 06:17 PM)
DaveB87
Explorer
Options
After finally getting the update through this morning (O2 are just slow!) I thought I'd do a bit of maintenance on the phone. Now I'm unable to access the bootloader menu and can't wipe cache partition anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this?
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's the same as normal for me. Plug USB cable from pc/laptop into phone, boot holding volume up and power key until android logo appears.
DaveB87
Explorer
Options
I tried but it keeps showing the charging symbol and that's it doesn't do anything no matter how long you hold down the buttons
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You are turning the phone off first?

See video...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
With Android 11 you need to either plug in headphones to the phone OR connect phone to a laptop / PC with the charging cable before you do the usual turn off phone and press/ hold the buttons
DaveB87
Explorer
Options
Cheers! It wouldn't work while plugged into charger but worked on my laptop. Seems strange to do this it was so easy on my S10
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Glad you got it - is only since Android11 you need to plug it in ( though don't why plugging into charger doesn't work ! )
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe you should have to plug the cable, the other end doesn't have to be connected to anything like a charger.
0 Likes
Rickysingh
First Poster
Options

Same problem, since I update my S21 ultra could not access to cache partition, tried all with earphone USB to computer volume up and power button. But no nothing it just boot to main screen 

0 Likes
Rickysingh
First Poster
Options

Not working anymore with s21 ultra after recent update

0 Likes