Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 11:04 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
Mohnish Waikar
Explorer
Options

Got a my replacement s21 ultra today and i have had amazing battery life so far. It has really surprised me how much it can take. The last piece was terrible. so i am not not sure if its just the software. Not using chrome or smart things. Wqhd at 120hz. Auto brightness i noticed went down a little too much at times. 

After 11h 2m of charge with SOT of 5h 15 mins i still have 27% left. Get your unit replaced if you have that option. 

Darbis
Voyager
Options

Now this is good news I guess

Tukhmemurgh
Apprentice
Options

Could you please be so kind as to post a screenshot of the apps you've been using? Also, what have you been doing during those 5 hrs of sot? 

0 Likes
Entra80
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20210207-233506_Device care.jpg

 so you think this normal 

0 Likes
Mohnish Waikar
Explorer
Options

I mostly used whatsapp, outlook and Instagram. Google maps as well. light gaming.

0 Likes
Mohnish Waikar
Explorer
Options

Yeah seems like it..

0 Likes
Tukhmemurgh
Apprentice
Options

I think that the s21 ultra is a sad excuse of a flagship phone when it comes to battery, but considering its price I would actually say it's garbage with regards to its processor as well. Seriously, ***** Samsung and their exynos chip. ***** their *****ty 4855 mAh battery. ***** their software developer team. ***** the universities where their siftware developers learned to program. ***** their 100x zoom. ***** this phone. Imagine if apple had thrown this 5000 mAh battery in their iphone 12 pro max. This phone would have been NOTHING in comparison. They try so desperately to compete, yet they fail misersbly every time. I know this post isn't helpful, but there doesn't really seem to be a fix at the moment. Either one keeps this *****ty phone and waits for 15 more software updates to perhaps put bandage on the wound, or one takes their money and gives it to a company who delivers products that live up to the claims they are sold for. 

Darbis
Voyager
Options

The camera heats up on usage?

0 Likes
Entra80
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20210208-025911_Device care.jpg

 this what i get from S21Ultra no gaming 

Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

I see you have the 5G on, and Bluetooth,those are huge battery drainers, specially 5G.

I have 5G full signal at my place but I turn that off because even with my 4G unlimited plan I have 100mb/s download and 5G 200mb/s, so 100 mb speed is more than enough for every task. I don't know what service plan do you have, but 5G is never a good Idea to keep it on, unless you are downloading a 10Gb game or something.

Dissable 5G and you'll  get at least 3, 4 or even more hours on your battery life.