Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra 3Dmark Wildlife score - post it here

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 12:34 PM)
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Fresh restart *but* a device smart-switched from a heavy previous device (100 apps, 10,000 images and photos):

4100 is the highest I got. Youtube videos showed scores well above 5000.

Note this is the 2nd unit I got. The first one was as hot as an oven. This one is a little bit better.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Since I have not returned my Galaxy S20 Ultra for trade-in yet, I have compared the 3DMark Wild Life scores on it with the Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Both phones are identically set up and running the latest stock, unbranded, Samsung firmware for CSC code BTU, (U.K.). S20 Ultra = CUA8. S21 Ultra =  AUAC

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 3DMark Wild Life score...

S21 Ultra test 1_3DMark.png

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 3DMark Wild Life score...

S20 Ultra test 1_3DMark.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Is your an Exynos?

Also, is yours overheating quickly (44o and above)

I simply can't understand whats going on. 

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

All U.K. models are Exynos.

My device has never run hot once I had set it up from scratch. I never transfer  apps and settings from a previous phone... not even the S20 Ultra, as this can cause issues in my experience. 

My battery usually runs at about 30C-35C normally. Here is a screenshot of my battery temp in DevCheck  Hardware & System Info  from the Play Store, whilst my phone is charging...

Battery temp 2_DevCheck.png

For anyone experiencing overheating or apps crashing, I would recommend a Factory Data Reset and set the phone up afresh from scratch. 

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I tend to agree that probably using smart-switch and loading the phone with all our 2 year data from the previous phone is not the smartest thing to do. All phones work better when brand new or when loaded. However, Samsung created smart-switch and the most common scenario is that people do transfer all their data on to the new phone. Issues like we're seeing now should never have happened.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

IMHO, Smart Switch does a decent job of switching between the same model of phones and the same Android platform, i.e. Android 10 to Android 10.

However, long experience both personally and reading the web, shows that setting up from scratch is by far the best method as you are not transferring old settings  and any detritus from a precious phone. 

In my experience, a Factory Reset solves most issues including apps over running and using battery and CPU and leading to the phone's in-built Thermal Throttling cutting in and slowing the phone down and causing lags. To anyone experiencing these issues, I say...

ironass motto... "The choice is yours!😉

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
typically I have consistently got > 5000 score on Wildlife. my best was 5628... but I did also run few where I got less than 4000.

I found to get a better score when I have been into device care, closed running apps, and freed up any excess memory used... and then run the test.

otherwise the results seem to be a bit hit and miss.

Kind regards
Smiley 😀

SmartSelect_20210130-102724_3DMark_464.jpg

SmartSelect_20210202-162839_3DMark_4690.jpg

SmartSelect_20210130-102736_3DMark_465.jpg

SmartSelect_20210130-103354_Geekbench 5_466.jpg

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Well...I have an interesting update.

I'm really not in the mood to do a factory reset, so I tried to clean the phone as much as possible. Removed about ~50 apps, deleted ~5000 photos and videos.

The score now is 5288. Weird. Camera seems to run a little bit better as well.
Will continue cleaning and keep you posted.

Rodin69
Student
Options

I did a test yesterday. Got a score of about 5500. I then unibstalled 3D Mark. Today I installed a system update. An hour ago i downloaded 3D Mark again and ran the test. This time I got 5100 which i thought was strange. So i ran the test again. This time 4000. I restarted the phone and ran the test once more. Now 3300. Another run gave the same score.

Maybe it has something to do with the adaptive screen update frequency?

Galaxy S21 ultra, by the way.

0 Likes
Rodin69
Student
Options

Or maybe not?

I just ran one more test about half an hour after my last 3300 score run. This time I got almost 5300.

0 Likes