Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 smart switch

(Topic created on: 14-12-2022 04:02 AM)
Andrusa
Journeyman
Options

I have seen a lot of people talking about how if you start your phone with smart switch instead of a clean install it will affect battery life, is it true? Because I only get like 3 hours on a bit of 4g plus wifi and no more than 8 hours of atandby time. Should I try a clean install? And if yes, can I still use smart switch but only for my photos and videos?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

We have seen people here who have used smartswitch to move their info across to another new phone and then appeared to experience various glitches.

The generic advice is to then Factory Reset and use a Samsung Cloud Back up etc instead.

Using the Cloud Back up is my preference.

That said I have work colleagues who have jsed the Samsung Smartswitch method and had no issues.

So really it's a personal preference.

Another generic troubleshooting tip before a Factory Reset is to clear the phone's System Partition Cache Files.

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

And use the optimisation tool in your Device Care Section.

Look in the battery section to see if there are any apps using lots of 🔋 %

Also Safe Mode can help as a troubleshooting tool.

> Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎  @Andrusa 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
I would try that, also I never bother with Smart Switch, just have everything backed up to Samsung Cloud, Google Photos and OneDrive if you use that .... then log back in on your new phone / reset one 👍🏼
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Andrusa  Experiences differ but would say a number of Members have had  issues after setting up phone with Smart Switch. With your current situation I would say It would be advantageous to try a Fresh install,ensuring you have Data backed up.   Maintenance/Trouble Shooting as described by @BandOfBrothers  is important and if you have not  cleared the cache partition lately that may well be a factor.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Andrusa
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, I will try your suggestions!

0 Likes