Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 June 2021 Update

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 03:03 PM)
mmtech
Navigator
Options

After June 2021 update the battery performance is improved but still -

1. Overheating remains when on whatsapp call. within 15 min call temperature reaches from 28 degree Celsius to 39 degree Celsius.

2. And wireless charging have became even worse now. Within 5 min the temp goes from 27 degree Celsius to 35 degree Celsius and then extreme slow charging.

What have you done Samsung?

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Wow! Then, best bet is to get a new phone lol. Sounds like you have tried everything you can do and these diagnostic tests fail to see the issue with your handset. Maybe to fix it, you could put a custom ROM on the phone, which might rectify this overheating issue, as ONE UI does work the phone quite a bit lol.
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

Ok. How about wireless charging? 

First 15 min good charging speed , then temp above 35 degree celsius and poor charging speed.

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Fast wireless charging will make the phone warm. I am one that doesn't use fast wireless charging. I do turn that off as I charge overnight. They do get warm its one reason why some wireless charges have fans. There warm to touch, I have never known how hot the device actually is or gets up to.
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

But what is the point of giving 15w fast charging when It cannot even fast charge on 9w fast charger. Marketing gimmick. They should fix heating problem first in their phones and learn from other companies how they are giving fast wireless charging capability.

It actually charges less than 5 watt most of the time where as other companies are giving 50 w wireless fast charging. Samsung being such a big company still lags by miles.

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
When I've used fast wireless charging on my Samsung duo charger I've never had a problem with it charging. It will get warm to the touch but it charges as it should do. I use fast charging only when I need to. I don't need to if I'm charging overnight. Plus I've always been more concerned of phones having 50w and charging within half an hour. That can't be good on the battery. I'm happy with 25w.
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
I have used samsung wireless pad which supports 9w charging but this is for first 15 min. After that it goes back to 5w slow charging due to phone crossing 35 degree Celsius temperature
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yeah that's something I've not had a problem with. I can understand why your not happy. I wouldn't be either if mine was also doing this. And it's a Samsung wireless charger so it's nothing to do with it being a third party one. I wonder if your wireless 9w pad is the one I received with pre ordering the galaxy buds Pro. I will have to see if mine has this issue. I haven't used it yet.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When in the wipe cache mode also try repair apps at the bottom and see if it helps.
Nowadays I do both wipe cache and repair apps.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry, I didn't see that in your post, it wasn't a WhatsApp call. I don't use any apps of that kind so considering we have the same device and same firmware and taking into account how poorly compiled these apps are, that sounds like your problem. Your battery stats should confirm. I get over 2 days on a single charge, no overheating etc.
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Not had isssue with wireless charging but Google maps isn't working right, screen dims quite alot when I set a route and keep getting app crashing messages, seems to be using alot of battery in the background ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes