Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notifications when screen is off

(Topic created on: 25-01-2022 07:21 PM)
Yackim
First Poster
Options

Hello everybody, 

I have a feeling that this issue has been posted the 100th time and I think I've read them all but could not find any solution that works.

I just received my Samsung Galaxy S21 and I'm struggling with the notifications.

What I want is that when I receive a notification it wakes up my lock screen or AOD briefly. When I'm working with my smartphone on my desk I know I got a notification that's all.

I enabled the brief popup but it only works and wake up the phone if it's a text message through the Samsung Messenger. All other services such as WhatsApp, Twitter, Teams, Outlook are all not waking up the screen.

I do get a vibration when something arrives but the screen stays black. If I tap to show the AOD or lock screen the notification is right there.

I layed my phone next to the one of my colleague because he has the exact same model and all our settings about notifications and AOD are the same.. 

To be honest, it is really killing me inside. Can somebody help me out please or confirm that this is a general issue?

Thank you for any response. 

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
UPdatesSTOP
Student
Options

1000026861.jpg

1000026862.jpg

1000026863.jpg

0 Likes
UPdatesSTOP
Student
Options

Go to your settings > notifications > notification pop up style > choose what you want

0 Likes
UPdatesSTOP
Student
Options

This is on a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 

0 Likes
Jimbo84
Journeyman
Options

Yes, i know. But this works only when you choose "brief". If you choose the other option "detailed",  the options below, including "show even while screen is off" has been removed.

0 Likes
UPdatesSTOP
Student
Options

Mine show up when my screen is off! 

0 Likes
Jimbo84
Journeyman
Options

1000022175.jpg

1000022174.jpg

 That's because yours is set to "brief". If you set it to "detailed", you don't have the option to weak up the screen anymore when you receive a notification. That's what I'm trying to explain. Before you had the option on both ways. I like the detailed style while screen on, and the pop up when the screen is off. 

0 Likes
UPdatesSTOP
Student
Options

Very weird because I set it to detailed and I still get all my notifications on a locked screen 

0 Likes