Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June S21U update

(Topic created on: 23-06-2023 09:53 AM)
KarlDavies
Journeyman
Options
Anyone else seen a noticeable downgrade in camera performance and quality since the June update? 

It's all manors of soft and blurry on 1x and 2x zoom or camera. With a very noticeable jump in color temperature and clarity when you switch to 3x. 

Only had the phone for a month or two (Purchased second hand) and no issues prior to this update. 
10 REPLIES 10
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I usually clean the cache after an update
0 Likes
KarlDavies
Journeyman
Options
On the app itself or the phone as a whole ? I've already done a factory reset and was going to downgrade back to the may update. From what I remember you can't go down to a different bit revision may was 7 and June is 8. Correct me if I'm wrong.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Don't think you can downgrade as the phone will pick up on there been an update available and will download it..
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
No you can't downgrade back to the previous software version, it tells you that before you install the new upgrade if you read the information prior to.
0 Likes
KarlDavies
Journeyman
Options
Actually, if you manually flash the software via Odin you can go down or back a update or two at most providing they are the same bootloader bit rev. Last update was a bit revision of 7 and Junes 8, so whilst yes you are correct technically you can go back a revision so long as it's the same bootloader bit.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Well would be very risky to do so, but that's up to you if you want to risk it and damage your device further and unusable.
0 Likes
KarlDavies
Journeyman
Options
Updating via Odin isn't of any harm to my device or devices in the past and present.

So long as you understand the usage of the tool and have the firmware extracted and placed in correct locations you can't mess up. Unless ofc you haven't used it before.

Source:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rooting-odin-firmware-csc-information-and-myths-debunked-noobs-gu...
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes it is advisable to wipe the cache partition after updates,a good idea to also repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.  it is not possible to downgrade software via official means, using odin carries  risk and  mistakes will brick your Device. Anyone using it should be familiar with the process.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S21 series didn't receive any camera updates with the June update.

So it's not the update. Colour shift has been present since long between the lenses. Samsung needs to improve this to have some consistency like the iPhone and make smoother transitions.

The 3x and 10x are obviously sharper due to aperture .