Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass Screen Protector

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 11:09 AM)
SilentSwiftwave
Apprentice
Options
Hello all,

Has anyone had any luck in getting a good glass screen protector that that still works/is compatible with the phone's fingerprint scanner? 

I've tried and spent so much money in trying to get a decent one without success. 

The main feature aspect of the phone I like is the screen fingerprint scanner as its easy to use and good security.

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Have a Whitestone Dome glass protector on my Note 10+ - been on for about 6 months and can't fault it - more expensive initially compared to most protectors but has been worth it - touch sensitivity is excellent - just make sure you follow the install instructions carefully and exactly

View solution in context

Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Just a wee addition - if I remember correctly Whitestone have extra instructions for the fingerprint sensor area - if not included in the instructions in the box check their website

View solution in context

Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
You're welcome - yeah is worth watching their installation video on their site and doing a " dry " run through it first before actually applying the adhesive etc - seems quite fiddly to begin with but if you familiarise yourself with the procedure is actually quite easy - I don't have the extra sensitivity turned on and still is very responsive

View solution in context

Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry SilentSwiftwave - am writing you a book here - just been a while since I installed mine and remembering little bits about doing it - I don't know if is the same on the S20 as my Note 10 but on mine there is a very very thin speaker opening at top of the phone - can hardly see it - the protector box includes little strips to cover the openings on the phone to avoid the liquid adhesive getting in - the instructions did say to cover the speaker at the top but I nearly missed it because it is so thin and can't hardly see it - just something to check !

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
Rich15
Navigator
Options
I purchased a Spiden for the 20fe. Took about 10 minutes to set up the finger lock. works fine and was very easy to fit.

oliverboi
First Poster
Options
whitestone dome probably do one but I'll be pricey but it'll work well
jmg66
First Poster
Options
whitestone dome glass
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Have a Whitestone Dome glass protector on my Note 10+ - been on for about 6 months and can't fault it - more expensive initially compared to most protectors but has been worth it - touch sensitivity is excellent - just make sure you follow the install instructions carefully and exactly
SilentSwiftwave
Apprentice
Options
Thank you all for the advice!

I think the general consensus is to go for the Whitestone dome glass screen protector.

I just hope it lives up to its recommendations and reviews

Thanks again guys 😎
0 Likes
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Just a wee addition - if I remember correctly Whitestone have extra instructions for the fingerprint sensor area - if not included in the instructions in the box check their website
SilentSwiftwave
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Papashaun!

I'll be sure to check to check out the website if I don't get anything in the box

😉
0 Likes
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
You're welcome - yeah is worth watching their installation video on their site and doing a " dry " run through it first before actually applying the adhesive etc - seems quite fiddly to begin with but if you familiarise yourself with the procedure is actually quite easy - I don't have the extra sensitivity turned on and still is very responsive
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry SilentSwiftwave - am writing you a book here - just been a while since I installed mine and remembering little bits about doing it - I don't know if is the same on the S20 as my Note 10 but on mine there is a very very thin speaker opening at top of the phone - can hardly see it - the protector box includes little strips to cover the openings on the phone to avoid the liquid adhesive getting in - the instructions did say to cover the speaker at the top but I nearly missed it because it is so thin and can't hardly see it - just something to check !