Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 5G overheating.

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 08:27 AM)
Rik07
Pioneer
Options

This problem has now occurred quite a few times on my new Samsung S21 5G, notably just 15 mins ago.

I was only on WhatsApp video call for a total of 10 minutes.

First the phone started to feel a little warmer, so I removed the phone case, then a few minutes later whilst I was browsing the Amazon App (which was the only other app I had open), my multi-window closed because the phone was too hot.

I am out of direct sunlight.

My brightness is less than 20%.

I only had 2 apps open.

And I had no case on.

My phone was not charging and I have the latest software update.

I have also now performed 2 soft resets.

My data, location and Bluetooth were off too.

Can you please advise?

this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos. https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.

17 REPLIES 17
Samsam77
Journeyman
Options
Have you checked in settings to see whether Always on display is on? That functiin can drain the battery quite quickly so could possibly cause a problem.
0 Likes
Samsam77
Journeyman
Options
function
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
my problem isn't the battery when the phone is dormant, it"s when it is use that the problem occurs. I also have spoken to Samsung about this recently, the don't seem to know what is going wrong...even though the issue is now clearly happening with quite a few people.
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
they keep trying to initially palm the issue off to 3rd party app issues or "your case isn't from samsung"
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options

Samsung just told me "We are unaware of any issue related to this".....despite many people reporting it on forums and to them directly

0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
just completed a factory reset (the last suggestion tech support had to offer), the issue is still present.
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos.

https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.
0 Likes
Higguma
Apprentice
Options

That's normal, the heat is not normal for a phone. Samsung should recall the s21 5G.