Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint scanner issue after latest update

(Topic created on: 07-02-2023 08:42 PM)
Mrclius
Pioneer
Options
Hi.
Everything was fine until latest update which broke my fingerprint sensor functionality. 
Basically when I keep my phone in my pocket for a while and try to unlock it with my fingerprint nothing happens. I need to double tap the screen to wake it up and then scan my fingerprint. It's almost like the phone goes to sleep after a while. Sometimes it unlocks as it should without double tapping the screen. I really can't figure out the pattern. 
 Also the issue occurs every single time after I connect my phone to wireless android auto. Every time, no exceptions. 

It's really annoying at this point. 
6 REPLIES 6
Rebkos
Explorer
Options

I'm having same issue after January patch on my A52 5G. 

Members_LMdUjiO
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue too on my S21fe since last software update. I went down to my "three store" where I bought the phone and they tried to give me some bull about it being part of the security update... but that makes no sense at all. There appears to be no specific idle time / inactivity period when it stops activating the sensor, can be a few minutes or few hours. I hope it is just a bug and they fix it soon. It just makes the whole thing feel clumsy having to double tap or hit the power button each time.

0 Likes
kacnje
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem since upgrade to Android 13 (in December?).
Any solution yet?

https://www.kacnje.eu/blog
0 Likes
Mrclius
Pioneer
Options
Unfortunately the issue still exists to some extent. After using android auto I have to double tap the screen to make the fingerprint reader work every time. I'm used to it now so doesn't bother me as much anymore.
0 Likes
kacnje
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem with AA (but not just there). Annoying.

https://www.kacnje.eu/blog
0 Likes
Minx21
First Poster
Options
Same issue after latest update. Please get fixed asap. Scan fingerprint and ut errors and says to cover the entire scanner. Have tried and tried but not accepted and now i cannot update it on the phone. When will fix for this be available?
0 Likes