Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera focus is blurry on 1x lens, it focuses if the object is too close

(Topic created on: 15-01-2023 12:56 AM)
akhil88
Explorer
Options
Hi,

Over the last couple of days I've noticed if I try to focus in the distance with my 1x lens, the camera is clearly struggling to focus clearly and I don't get a sharp focus anymore. The other lens work fine.

Anyone else facing the same issues? 

19 REPLIES 19
Miramath
Student
Options

I have had the s21 ultra now for just over a year (bought it second hand pretty much in new condition)

about 4 months into me using the phone, it wouldnt focus on distant objects using 1x.  very occasionally it would work for a short time, usually just after I had used the zoom lens.

I chatted to samsung online about it and they said they hadn't heard of it and ran me through resetting everything, and finally recommended I reset my phone.  I have not done this, has anyone found resetting the phone fixes it?

it randomly then started happening with the 10x zoom too, but seems to have resolved for now.

I just tried tapping the phone quite hard on the side of it and that seemed to resolve the issue and the camera will focus now!  when i turn off the camera and open the app again it does the same thing and i need to tap again.

IsaiahSw
First Poster
Options

I also faced the same problem. But I just shaked my mobile untill i hear the sound of camera part. Then bingo camera starts working without blur. God knows what's going inside. Give it a try. 

ArthurAndesya
Student
Options

Omg this is crazy but it works well on my S21 ultra! Hahahaha back to the old time, when something doesn't right just try to shake it hahaha it works well on my phone just like magic 

usgco
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do as this is a faulty camera that are on all S21 Samsung phones
There is only one thing to do, and that is to throw your faulty, low-quality Samsung phone in the bin and buy an iPhone, which is a much better product.

That is what I'm going to do as I'm tired of having this ***** Samsung S21 ultra

usgco
Apprentice
Options

Samsung is not answering you because they are amateurs, providing a low quality product.
Just get over it and throw your phone in the bin and next time buy an iPhone:
I'm going to throw my S21 ultra in the bin because I'm so tired of wasting my time on a ***** phone like this

akhil88
Explorer
Options
These guys doesn't even wanna acknowledge it, so low quality service
Exproment
First Poster
Options

I am still struggling with the same issue on Galaxy S21 Ultra and nothing works to solve it. 1x and 2x are almost all the time blurry. 

GC74
Pioneer
Options
I can't see Samsung doing anything about it, even if it's a simple firmware update.
MartinSteve
First Poster
Options

The same problem in my s20plus 5g if you know how to fix it please help me ❤️

0 Likes
Miramath
Student
Options

Have you tried the above advice Martin ?

I find that you have to tap your phone in a specific way to make it focus. 

I hold my phone in landscape mode and loosely hold the phone with my right hand on the bottom end of the phone. I then tap softly but quickly on the side of the phone where the camera housing is, in a quick downward motion. I do that two or three times in succession and then try to tap on the screen to focus the camera. After a few tries it usually focuses.

0 Likes