Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps logging out...

(Topic created on: 09-08-2021 10:06 PM)
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
So I have been having this issue for a while now and it is starting to bug me.. some apps I do not use very often seem to be logging me out randomly I am not sure if this happens after updating the app or if it happens because I havent used the apps for a while.. most recent example the PS app asked me to loggin again like I didnt previously have the app installed. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and whether there is any workarounds for it?
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Ocebir 

The phone should be adequately allocating ram resources to meet what your doing with the phone and what's happening in the background.

Maybe look at the following preferences settings.

Settings, Battery and Device Care, Battery,  Background Usage Limits,  Toggle that Off if it's currently On.

Then in the same part tap on sleep and then deep sleep apps to see if your apps are in that.

In the battery Settings also tap on Optomise. 

Take a look in the Memory section and clean that up.

Possibly use the exclude apps and apps not used recently part.

Other options are clearing the apps cache via Settings,  Apps, Choose the App in question, Location, Clear Cache.

And or clear the whole phone's System Cache Files which does not delete your saved information in the process.

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

That said some apps may log a person out if not used for a pre determined time due to security protocols.

I.e I post on a Network Provider's Community Forum and this logs me out if I don't use the site for a short period of time.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
I'm experiencing the same as well. So far the PS app and My EE. There was another that I don't remember but every time I open these apps I need to log in again.
Hr96
First Poster
Options

The same is happening here. Its very random also. Sometimes it's a long time it stays logged in and sometimes a short while. Very weird 

LS14
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. This is becoming more frequent and more annoying.

Even apps that I use quite frequent are kicking me out and prompting for login again.

@Samsung: I don't want workarounds, I just want the right to use the app without having to login every now and then.

Even apps that I use with frequency are randomly kicki

ubiquist
Navigator
Options

Indeed a bugging experience. However, it got worse now: Kayak, a travel booking app, now started to logoff regularly in the middle of usage. You can imagine that this is not the best thing to happen while in the middle of booking a ticket. Cmon Samsung...

Marc - Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G - Galaxy Watch4 Classic
Alexandrius
Student
Options

Have same problem after One UI 6 update on S23 Ultra.. I don't know what you did, Samsung, but whatever you did I'm not satisfied, I get kicked off even from galaxy Store. 

0 Likes