Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps crashing on my Samsung S9+ Secure Folder whenever I take a screenshot

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 09:32 PM)
olu90
Student
Options

Hello,

I recently updated my S9+ on the 14th March 2021 (g965fxxsffub3) and I noticed that whenever I take a screenshot on my phone and try sharing it via any app (WhatsApp, Instagram) in my secure folder, the App crashes and stops working. I get error messages such as "WhatsApp keeps stopping" or "Instagram keeps stopping".

I have cleared the cache for these Apps whenever this happens but it doesn't solve the issue.

The Apps in my secure folder only get to work after I must have restarted the phone.

N.B: This issue doesn't happen to the other Apps(WhatsApp & Instagram) I have outside the secure folder. Reason I know it is a secure folder problem.

I will appreciate if anyone can help as it frustrating having to restart my phone every time I take a screenshot just to use an App in my Secure folder.

Thanks

72 REPLIES 72
bonkmaykrQ
Journeyman
Options

New update this week seems to have fixed it for me.

0 Likes
bonkmaykrQ
Journeyman
Options

Sorry for double post but the edit button doesn't seem to work 😕

I'm using a G960U (Galaxy S9) running kernel 4.9.186-22990479 & sec patch level Dec. 1st 2021.

Haven't tested smart capture yet or anything like that to see if that works again, but everything seems fine without it.

I guess it took a long time to release because the carriers took that long to finish forking the updates to add their own garbage to it, thanks AT&T. Anyway, LMK if it's fixed for anyone else. It seems like the patches are pretty hit or miss.

0 Likes
BTG123
First Poster
Options

...and so here we are.. here I am.. in December of 2022. I spent earlier today doing a factory reset and getting everything set back up... and this issue still exists. I am okay after a reboot to use secure folder apps for a bit but once one goes south on you, they crash on open for first input/interaction repeatedly. It doesn't have to be screenshot related for me. On the very first instantiation of Etrade with a just a button to login--and I lost focus to check something else real quick in another open app--when I came back to the Etrade app Bam.. crash. Try again. Bam.. crash. Try Google Voice.. crash.

You would think someone at Samsung would do something to help with this issue. Looks bad that it hasn't been addressed in years now....

0 Likes