Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartphone horror stories

Discover
Samsung Content Creator
Options

Community_Lifestyle_Banner_Opening_SEUK.png

33556_Halloween-Scary-mobile.jpg

Halloween’s here again. Everyone loves a good fright at this time of year, whether from ghost stories or scary films. But one kind of scare you don’t want is something terrifying happening to your phone. We’ve written a selection of modern-day horror stories with your phone as a main character, and all the ways you can avoid these kinds of scares.

The Disappearing Phone 

She put her hand on in her handbag and her pulse started racing. Something was horribly wrong. No. It couldn’t be. She let out a bloodcurdling scream. Her phone wasn’t there. This would be a nightmare situation for anyone these days. Fortunately, with Find My Mobile, everything’s not lost.

Before tragedy strikes, you’ll need to set up Find My Mobile on your phone. To do this, you have to be logged into your Samsung account and have a PIN, pattern, or passcode set up.

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Scroll down to “Biometrics and security” and then tap “Find My Mobile”
  3. Slide the toggle to activate Find My Mobile
  4. Enable your remote settings by sliding Remote controls or Remote unlock
  5. Slide the toggle to activate Send last location if you want your device to send its whereabouts to Find My Mobile when its battery gets low

Now, if your phone ever vanishes into thin air, just log into Find My Mobile and use the map to track down your device. Even if it’s a false alarm, and your phone is actually lurking somewhere in your house, you can use Find my Mobile to ring your phone to help you find it.

And if your phone is really gone forever and ever and ever, you can use Find my Mobile to back up your data, retrieve your calls and messages, and erase the data you’ve got stored there so that it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.

In Cyberspace, No One Can Hear You Scream

He tapped download and sat back to stare out of the window. Suddenly he looked at his phone. Something wasn’t right. The screen flashed black. Lines of code started scrolling where just moments before had been a beautiful Galaxy smartphone. Malware! But how?

Unfortunately, these days there are millions of malicious programs that can make their way onto your phone. The best way to stop this happening is to be careful about what you download. Only install apps you’ve found on the Galaxy Store or the Google Play Store, and never from unknown websites.

If you’re worried that your phone might already be infected, you can use Device protection to check for suspicious activity:

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Scroll down and tap “Battery and device care”
  3. Tap “Device protection”
  4. Tap “Scan phone” to check for any threats that might be hidden on your device

Here’s Germy! 

I stared in horror as he sneezed into his hands. This can’t be happening, I thought. He picked up my phone. “I want to show you a hilarious video”. I pictured the germs, millions, billions, swarming all over my beautiful new phone. I felt my knees give way under me and passed out.

These days, everyone is more aware than ever of the importance of keeping things as clean as possible, and your phone is no exception. That’s why we’ve prepared a few handy tips to make sure your smartphone doesn’t turn into the breeding ground for a new monster virus:

1. Wash and dry your hands before you start
  2. Turn off your device and make sure it’s not plugged into a charger
  3. Find a clean microfiber cloth. Dampen the corner with a small amount of distilled water or disinfectant
  4. Avoid harsh chemicals that have not been approved to use on electronics.
  5. Gently wipe any glass, ceramic, or metal surfaces on the back and front of the device, making sure to avoid openings and gaps like the charger port

Thus ends our compendium of spooky scary smartphone stories. We hope we’ve not given you nightmares and that you’ll now take extra care to ensure that your phone doesn’t get a starring role in a horror film. Happy Halloween!

Do you have a smartphone horror story? Share it with us in the comments!

The Community Team  :handshake:

Discover more:

Introducing Photo Club

How to reset network settings on your S21

How to use Samsung Pay