Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling - Android 11

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 08:57 AM)
Sid001
Pioneer
Options

If you had WiFi calling before Android 11 update and its missing now, this is probably because you had the SIM in the phone during the install. (I know it sounds daft).

Restart the phone without the SIM card, after restart put back your SIM and you should find WiFi Calling menu item on Phone app Settings.

I have used this method on an unlocked S20 on O2 and its worked for me.

Go to solution
56 REPLIES 56
GingeDan
First Poster
Options

Worked for me. Just when I was looking hope. 

0 Likes
Sprk
Apprentice
Options
mine too. I had to restart the phone and now it's gone from the menu
MarkyMark999
Apprentice
Options
mine disappear without reboot, after certain time.

Samsung says reset phone!!!
0 Likes
MarkyMark999
Apprentice
Options
disappeared all the time after several hours, Samsung said reset it lol
0 Likes
Sprk
Apprentice
Options
I had to do the switch off with sim out, switch airplane mode on/off a few times then sim back in...that worked. annoying if I have to do that every time I restart
0 Likes
MarkyMark999
Apprentice
Options
mine just randomly disappears lol
0 Likes
Sid001
Pioneer
Options

Hello all, I have noticed that 'some' reboots require the process to be repeated. I have however just updated to the latest bug fix / security patch dated 1st January 2021. Since updating I have not had to repeat the the SIM out process. This might be coincidence or it might have been fixed. I guess we will have to wait and see over the coming weeks. 

If you do lose the WiFi Calling, repeat the process and it will come back.

0 Likes
FullBlackHabit
Student
Options
Still a very temperamental thing. Just reset my phone usually do at least once a week and WiFi calling has disappeared. Any ideas what to do when it does that?
0 Likes
Members_j6iI0vT
Student
Options

Hi all, I have a slightly differnt situation I'm hoping some one can help me with. I've had a Samsung Galaxy S10 for about 2yrs and I'm on the BT mobile network, the wifi-calling button has always been switched on but not enabled, then, after a software auto-update some time around June '20 the icon appeared in the notification bar showing it as enabled and I've enjoyed good clear calls using it since (virtually zero mobile signal when I'm at home). However, after the software update to Android 11 yesterday (23/02/21) its disappeard again and despite following all the instructions in these threads I can't re-enable it. I don't believe it's a network issue but any advise would be appreciated, thanks.

When enable, the wifi icon has a handset within itWhen enable, the wifi icon has a handset within it

Sid001
Pioneer
Options
I suggest you disable the setting turn off WiFi, turn off phone, remove SIM, reboot without SIM, turn on Wi-Fi then enable the setting and finally reinsert SIM.

Good luck
0 Likes