Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why needed Mobile number to login?? How safe my data??

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 11:15 AM)
srilaks
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20210925-110936_One UI Home.jpg

 why I needed my mobile number for samsung account?? 

If you really worry about users safety why dont samsung introduce Authenticator app like MS n google?? 

This is clearly managing customers data for marketing purposes with more earning for them.... 

Stupid samsung became to stupid. 

5 REPLIES 5
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I've been using 2 step verification for a while now. With Google and Samsung. Its improving security, if there is an attempt of a sign in on your account on another device. You just need to enter a code sent to your phone number to prove its you making the attempt. Apple also use this method of security.
PeterGreenford
Pioneer
Options
A big compromise is when they already have email that's already been verified by them,they have your name and address, there's mot a lot left for someone to steal your data and become you,,,,,
0 Likes
srilaks
Explorer
Options

When you can use 2 step verification then why you needed a mobile number?? When you lost the phone you lost the phone number too! Means even more easy to steal the data. 

I known I only needed my login credentials to see my data, not any other who wanted to see my data. It is already known for every vendor and marketing agencies.

That is why I always give unreal data like address, dob etc.

My concern is Why compulsory Mobile number needed from 30th sept??? 

2 step also not needed when you use more than 1 samsung device at home.....

Notifications will come anyway. 

If at all they wanted to save anything... that is Samsung Pass data.... 

0 Likes
srilaks
Explorer
Options

They just wanted to make user profile more valuable with mobile number so that they can sell for more for ad agencies. 

Nothing else. 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @srilaks 

For more info on the 2 step verification, please click on the following link: https://account.samsung.com/membership/guide/2step/gate