Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Studio auto brightening video edits

(Topic created on: 10-03-2024 09:29 PM)
Buddy-Guy
First Poster
Options

IMG_20240310_143120.jpg

Hi, I have been trying to help my mother for hours. She has an s23+. I have an s23 ultra, when she crops a video it changes the brightness after saving the file. Not during the edit. 

My phone works fine. Hers used to work fine. I recommended force stopping the app restarting it. Clearing data and cache. 

Any idea why this would start happening? Again it's not changing the brightness in the editor while editing. But after the cropped file is saved

It's not video player settings either. The image cropped image is much brighter then the original no matter how you send it, or whatever device you send it to

I'm out of ideas. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Is the video created from her phone or yours? Also what settings are used in the video such as HDR10+, HEVC or H.264 etc.
0 Likes
keugier
Navigator
Options
I second what @Joeeye wrote. Most of my experience comes from photo editing rather than video, however, I had issues like this on my old s21 ultra and sometimes the same issues on s24 ultra . Would look into the setting and format that the video and pictures was taken. In my experience, while we have various setting to use, some setting doesn't mixed well together.
Also if the video or photo is taken by a different app, sometimes the editing might differ if you edit on a Samsung app. Ive attached a screenshot of different settings for camera. Perhaps she has selected one of them, which in turn affect the editing process?1710113233133.jpg1710113233152.jpg
0 Likes
Buddy-Guy
First Poster
Options

IMG_20240310_170128.jpg

IMG_20240310_170125.jpg

 the video was created on hers. S23+, also edited on hers.

She didn't change any settings. Then all the sudden her cropped videos just Started auto brightening for no reason

I'm baffled 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
There's a gallery setting which auto adjusts the screen to best output HDR content. This can be toggled off. Try see if she has this setting on and let me know if it changes anything.1710116129028.jpg
0 Likes
Buddy-Guy
First Poster
Options

 she doesn't seem to have that option.

I dont think its an HDR or adaptive brightness viewing setting. Since her cropped videos are much brighter then the originals when sent to my phone as well.

Yet I can crop them without the increase in brightness 

1000008432.jpg

•  
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could you send the edited file to your phone and watch them on both phones simultaneously and see if the brightness is similar.

Just to make sure it's not some phone setting.
0 Likes
RJRN
First Poster
Options

I'm facing this issue also. 

Was there a solution in the end?

0 Likes