Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of data

(Topic created on: 09-08-2022 02:49 PM)
fty
Apprentice
Options

Transferred my data from old phone to Samsung S22 yesterday using smart switch. All went well except my WhatsApp has transferred messages up to June. How can I retrieve all messages after that date. I did select ALL when making the transfer.

Thanks.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Dandy__
Pathfinder
Options
Hi in WhatsApp you should create a backup and then in your new phone you go to WhatsApp and select restore old backup from What'sapp
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You would have needed to backup your messages on WhatsApp.
When you start up WhatsApp on the new phone, you setup using the WhatsApp backed up data.
If you last back up was in June. That will be all the data you get.
I set my WhatsApp backups for once a week.
fty
Apprentice
Options
Thanks!
0 Likes
fty
Apprentice
Options
Noted. Thanks
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
If you go onto WhatsApp on your previous handset then you can force it to create a backup within settings. You can specify it also backs up to Google Drive.
Re-run Smart Switch selecting only WhatsApp.

If that doesn't work, and you've backed up to G Drive then if you uninstall WhatsApp on your S22, reinstall, then it should check Google Drive for a backup and restore from there (including media)
fty
Apprentice
Options
I'll try that. Thanks so much.
0 Likes
fty
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. I'll give it a try as nothing I've tried so far has worked. I checked my settings and it was set to back up daily so why it stopped at 6 June I'm not quote sure!
0 Likes
Dandy__
Pathfinder
Options
Hmmm maybe it's a bug or something or app don't update try to do a backup every 1 week and see if it does the backup if not try to clear app cache
0 Likes