Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 07:32 AM)
Soni01
First Poster
Options
For some reason, my internal storage says there has been 15.88 gb used out of 16.00 gb. When i go to the files in internal storage and I select all the files, when I press details, it says all the files add up to 728 mb. This is really frustrating and sometimes i cannot delete files that I do not need.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
George1988
Voyager
Options
Hi. What devices you are talking about?
0 Likes
George1988
Voyager
Options
Also have you thought of doing a factory reset as a last resort?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Most of that is the Android Operating system with it's default app set plus the apps Samsung bundled on your hardware. If you have any TV catchup apps installed make sure you delete any downloaded programs you have already watched. Use Google Files to safely clear out unnecessary cache files and some unused applications.
0 Likes
Soni01
First Poster
Options
I deleted any files that i could that I don't need and whenever I try deleting photos, it keeps restoring itself. Also, when I take out the SD card, the internal storage space goes so much more lower.
0 Likes
Soni01
First Poster
Options
Samsumg J3
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
If your device only has 16GB internal storage you are going to need to leave the Micro SD card in permanently in 2021 for any photos, downloads or other personal files. 16GB is not really sufficient any more, even if you did a device reset you'd still find 13-14GB of it unusable to you
0 Likes
Soni01
First Poster
Options
Yeah, around 15 gb is other files and I can't access them.
0 Likes