Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartSwitchPC.exe Ordinal Not Found

(Topic created on: 03-08-2021 05:22 PM)
Members_wOlXOJK
First Poster
Options

Samsung Switch fails to run on my Windows 10 PC: After installation (without error) it reports this error on start up: SmartSwitchPC.exe - Ordinal Not Found; The ordinal 12404 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\program files (x86)\Samsung\Smart Switch PC\SmartSwitchPC.exe. It works on another PC! Per Samsung Support I tried another browser, clearing cache etc, but nothing helps.  

14 REPLIES 14
daniel5047
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. I had all the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015-2019 redistributables installed as well. I uninstalled the 2008 versions and then it worked.

Didn't re-install 2008. I don't know it that will break my other software that needs it though.

0 Likes
edukardo
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here. Is there a solution?

0 Likes
cman2
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Windows PC laptop with windows 10.  Message "The ordinal 13194 could not be located in the dynamic link library.." What Microsoft Visual C++ do I need to install/install? Where do I find the program to install? Thanks!  Is there another way to back up my S8 apart from Smart Switch? Thanks

0 Likes
Mahmoud Sobhy
First Poster
Options

Didn't even help one bit

0 Likes
Captain RK
First Poster
Options

I followed CodeFox instructions and downloaded Install Microsoft C++ 2008 x86 redistributable in addition to current software updates already on my laptop. I rebooted the computer and installed Smart Switch and it worked.

0 Likes