Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart things app remove device guide

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 09:06 PM)
Manish3
Explorer
Options
Hi, according to a select few members I am very incompetent and to vague with my issues. 

So wondering if someone could with a very specific issue. I cannot remove device. I cleared cache and app data but no luck. 

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
The light is paired via Bluetooth. You can remove it by going to your Settings menu, then go to Connections > Bluetooth and tap on the Bluetooth tab itself.

That will take you to a list of all your paired devices. Tap on Living Room Light in that list and you should see "Unpair" in the bottom right corner. Unpair it and it will no longer show up in Smartthings or your Device Control menu.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
The light is paired via Bluetooth. You can remove it by going to your Settings menu, then go to Connections > Bluetooth and tap on the Bluetooth tab itself.

That will take you to a list of all your paired devices. Tap on Living Room Light in that list and you should see "Unpair" in the bottom right corner. Unpair it and it will no longer show up in Smartthings or your Device Control menu.
Tt517
Explorer
Options
I'm sure I click on home app, click on settings and delete from the list on there from the different rooms I've added 🤔
0 Likes
Manish3
Explorer
Options
Any advanced settings to not show Bluetooth devices here. I really just wanted devices I add myself... Maybe I am too controlling?
0 Likes
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Nah, not too controlling. I know what you mean. The "personal devices" page on Smartthings is a little misleadingly named in my opinion.

The real personal page on Smartthings is the Favourites page. There you can add or remove any device onto your Favourites however you choose.

But the personal devices page, as far as I know, is really just a Smartthings extension of the Android Device Control nav menu. Which is something only Google can give more custom options on in the future, not Samsung. Hopefully they do in the near future, because I'd like to keep the Device Control menu clean, myself. I don't need every bluetooth speaker I've paired with my Samsungs listed when I can't even control them from Smartthings anyway.
Manish3
Explorer
Options
Thanks Sean, really helpful.