Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart switch

(Topic created on: 28-08-2022 08:42 AM)
Members_ObJHwV7
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

I don’t know if this is the correct board but here goes. I’m trying to share my data from my Samsung S20 to my S22. I am using a cable. I left it going over night (8 hours) and have come back to it this morning and only 16% has been shared. It says there is 3 hours and 58 minutes remaining but it is just stuck on 16% for a while. Any advice? 

Also, the S22 keeps charging the S20. I’ve scrolled down on the top menu to see if I can switch of wireless charging but there is not a button for it. Even if I go to swipe through the pages and even if I go to add a widget. This drains the battery of the S22. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried doing the transfer via Wireless option on Smart Switch and does it stick at the same point? I've always used wireless and had not issues even with large amounts of data.
- You could also try just selecting certain item groups to transfer at a time, ie. Calls, contacts, messages, see if they transfer then try images, audio etc. May narrow down what it is failing on.
- Personally I don't transfer apps over Smart Switch unless I really have to. Prefer to do a fresh install of the apps in question. I just stick to personal data content.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not using Smartswitch is definitely the best option to i use as well.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you using a Samsung cable?
Normally you would use an USB-OTG Adapter.
You can try using wireless transfer, as this won't take very long but depends on how much data you are transferring.
You would need both phones in close proximity to each other until the transfer is complete
0 Likes