Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Wallet Demanding a US Zip Code

(Topic created on: 15-11-2023 02:23 PM)
Dugald
Journeyman
Options

Old problem again. Trying to add a Santander payment card to Samsung Wallet on my S20 but when adding details it asks for a 5 digit zip code. Being in the UK I don't have  zip code and I cannot get past this  screen. I tried 00000 and other random numbers but it wont accept any of them.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?  

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
Does it let you put your postcode in there instead?
0 Likes
keith30
Mastermind
Options
Your postcode in UK is 7 digit, he only needs 5 digits 😉
keith30
Mastermind
Options
Have you tried asking the bank if they could sort one
0 Likes
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
Yeah I know I live in the UK, but just wondering if it would allow you to put the postcode in there, it did when I set up mine.
Dugald
Journeyman
Options

No

0 Likes
Dugald
Journeyman
Options

No.

It's Samsung who developed this. They would need to sort it. 

I saw it mentioned on another forum from a while back that my phone may have originated in the US. This is probably why it would default to zip code as opposed to post code but surely Samsung could have programmed this out of the app by now?

0 Likes
Dugald
Journeyman
Options

They could have offered country or region as a choice when setting up the card rather than defaulting to the USA.

0 Likes
keith30
Mastermind
Options
If your device has been routed because you believe it has then that's a reason why you can't use the Santander card to bank with as any phone which is routed can't work with them. I have a account with them and one of the questions when setting it up with Santander says as your device been routed if so you can't use that device.
0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
If the phone is from the US, it has US firmware. I don't 'think' this can be changed.
I know you can change your Samsung account, but the phone I think is set as is.

MB
0 Likes